xisto Community
Dodger

Voip(voice Over Internet Protocol) real money saver

VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is the communication technology of the future for sure. Legacy technology carries voice signals over analog circuits and lines. Voice over IP converts the analog signal to digital and transports the signal to the receiver where it is converted back from digital to analog and the receiver hears the sender's voice. This provides a more efficient and economical means of communication.I have know VOIP for quite a some time since i started online. Most of the time i use msn messeger or yahoo messeger to chat with my friends. Recently, I have try a new VOIP product from a US company, it calls Telextreme. Don't know u all have heard of it no.With the package that i have sign up, i call call to my friend's cell phone or fixed phone with only USD59.95 a month with NO AIR-TIME LIMIT. It provides Crystal-Clear calling and to others countries as well like US(All 50 states), UK, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands and mores. To use this product, u need to have a broadband line to support it. Otherwise, u will wait a few second hear your friend's voice.

Voip has its benifits, that is for sure, but also there is a need for a minimum bandwidth, and while for home use it is great, for business you had better be ready to fork over for some dedicated bandwidth for it.

skype is very alike with the new version of paltalk.. same look .. same features.. basically same everything..you can't see the diference .. but i think more people use skype for gaming and other stuff unlike paltak.

"skype is very alike with the new version of paltalk.. same look .. same features.. basically same everything..you can't see the diference .. but i think more people use skype for gaming and other stuff unlike paltak"skype is crap. MSN Messenger is the tool for VoIP

skype is crap. MSN Messenger is the tool for VoIP

71675[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? Did you ever try Skype? Messenger sucks a lot.

I'd say meesenger is the best thing for this VIDEO + SOUND and it works nice....The thing why it is better is because most of the people have MSN messenger so they can be reached easily and i know quite few people who acctually know about skype...this is my reason!Greetz;)

If you speak about videoconference i also do not think that messenger is the best combination. Eg. GnomeMeeting. It is true that there are a lot msn users and it is easy to stablisch a videoconference with msn. But in VoIP Skype is clearly in advantage. And they have already 100 Millions of Downloads. Quite a lot of people!! eh!

I have used Skype to phone PC-PC and it's absolutely the best that I have ever seen and tried. Anyway I found a best way to phone PC-home phone: Tiscali NetPhone. I don't know if it offers the same features in all countries and I don't know what countries it cover(I know that exist Tiscali UK). This service hasn't a very good trasmission quality, but it's completely free. I live in Italy and I use it often to phone without spend any eurocent. But you must have a yours connection, if you connect with any others you will pay about the same thing that you pay with Skype. It isn't cool?

Well, I have never heard about this new VOIP you are talking about. I have been using and is still using VOIP for chatting and video conferencing and I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about it.I hope we will have something like the new development you have over there at USA here in Nigeria.

Voice over IP is definately the way of the future. Although they have been used for a while. Voice over IP is what allows those international calling cards backpackers use to phone so cheap! It only uses the conventional line to call the local relay point that then makes the call via the web to the other local side and then to a phone, so the only charges when calling from an international calling card are essentially two local calls as opposed to two local calls and an international call, cuts off a huge amount! I can call the states or the uk from my international calling card for well under a cent per minute, it makes keeping in touch a pleasure as email or messanger doesn't always cut it!

There is a big project related to VoIP called Vovida. Big cause to implement a open Softswitch to control everything via SIP and MGCP protocols. I also heard that is sponsored by Cisco Systems.
For corporations and to the enterprise market exists Asterisk. It is a open PBX software, and works great.

Yea VOIP is a very nice new way of communication and hopefully it will be replacing programs such as Ventrilo and teamspeak.

All the phones in my house have been hooked up to VoIP for a while now and it saves alot of money. Long distance rates to many locations are way cheaper than my previous telephone company. The sounds quality is the same as it was before. Also, there is no noticeable difference on my broadband connection. This is really technology of the future. I am really glad I made the switch.

we have it here in australia aswell but from what i know its not very popular. well i've never seen anyone use it. its just been brought up a few times every now and then. the technology is pretty nifty, and i guess its alot cheaper aswell. well my isp does support it for a small extra fee so i might try it next time i change plans.