xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
catforum

Which Photoshop Do You Like?

The only better version is CS, and the features for it aren't really enough to be worth another 350 if you already have 7. I'd say save your money for CS2.

Newp. Adobe website says:

Preorder Adobe Creative Suite 2 PremiumSoftware will be available to be shipped by May 2005. Your credit card will be processed when the product(s) is shipped.

CS2 introduces some things, several of them seem experimental.I use cs, I started with ps 6 and upgraded to cs at the end of last year. I will wait for ps 10 (or cs 3, whatever they will call it.) to upgrade again. There's no reason to spend 180 dollars for every new version for me.

Well, not everyone pays for it. Experimental or not, I've heard from people who have used beta runs of CS2, and they say it's amazing.Plus, doesn't it have imageready and acrobat built in or somethin like that? That's not bad to have.

I have Photoshop CS it came bundled with my computer when I got it. I have used older versions a few years ago but CS seems to be different. I was never very good with Photoshop but I did use Paintshop Pro more successfully. I think Paintshop is good enough seeing as it is easier to use(for me) and you can use Photoshop plugins on it anyway. :o

I like Photoshop 4, I don't like having all of those backrounds, image tubes, and brushes, it fells like cheating, I also like Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. So basically I like more out-dated software... (Unless there is something wrong with it of course...)

You should consider some of the "cheap" ways. I mean, yes, it's not as original, but I bet you I could make you basically the same sig, only make it look a bit better, and in less than half the time.

replacement for photoshop????!!! why? i use photshop CS and it is simply amazing, the interface, the speed, the whole package is simply a work of art. Photoshop, according to me, has no replacement, its a whole software on its own, you cannot call it an image editing software, photoshop is to image editing as what xerox is to photocopiers, jeep is to four wheel drives.Simply irreplacable,Cheers,Tariq

I like Photoshop 4, I don't like having all of those backrounds, image tubes, and brushes, it fells like cheating, I also like Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.  So basically I like more out-dated software... (Unless there is something wrong with it of course...)

129259[/snapback]

i really dont understand.. can you pls tell me which century yer from. Photoshop 4???!!!! :o:D ... i get nostalgic when i hear photshop 6 itself!!!!

unbeleivable!!!

I have Photoshop 6, 7 and CS. I definitely like 7 best! I don't know why, I think it's like, when you get used to something, you don't want to change. Like those people who just like the good old way of doing things, using Notepad to hand-code HTML than using a program. I had 6 for a short while, so I could easily move up to 7. But I don't see much point in moving up to CS, it's not that much better. I just love my Photoshop 7! :o

Well, if you're used to Photoshop 7, why not use CS? It's barely different at all, but it has a couple cool new features...Oh, and a side note, I really hope Adobe finds a way to slow loading time on CS2. When you have a lot of brushes, actions, and filters, it REALLY gets ridiculous.