HOME       >>       Science and Technology

Microsoft's Zune To Rival Apple's Ipod

T100

I dont know whether I should call this a good news or a bad one. I don't like microsoft for most of their products. And I dont like the company itself. But I dont like ipod either. I always think ipod is a too easy success for apple. The product itself, unlike Microsoft products like Xbox, is no technologically advanced at all. The design and the function of ipod are just at Third World standards. The amazing part is how people like this kind of low-end products at a high price. Probably it is due to the irrational market of the US. Now microsoft, being a US company, is targeting this market. I think microsft has the edge of integrating Zune with Windows, which is an OS more popular then Mac-OS X. I hope microsoft will win this battle this time.

Florisjuh

They wont pull it off, everyone has an iPod nowadays and people wont upgrade to an unknown kind of music player...

mtvoyagers

I dont know whether I should call this a good news or a bad one. I don't like microsoft for most of their products. And I dont like the company itself. But I dont like ipod either. I always think ipod is a too easy success for apple. The product itself, unlike Microsoft products like Xbox, is no technologically advanced at all. The design and the function of ipod are just at Third World standards. The amazing part is how people like this kind of low-end products at a high price. Probably it is due to the irrational market of the US. Now microsoft, being a US company, is targeting this market. I think microsft has the edge of integrating Zune with Windows, which is an OS more popular then Mac-OS X. I hope microsoft will win this battle this time.

It kind of sounds like you have never seen in real life, or used an iPod, 3rd World contry? do you see pictures of people in etheopia walking around saying these are right for us third world type, no, you see them wanting and needing food and shelter. Also I do hope you know that iPod works with mac and windows with no hastel, and most likely, "Zune" will have troubles with integration, depending on what software they use for it. One last quick thing, once you have boughten twenty dolars of music from iTunes you really can't use any other mp3 player, besides iPod and I really don't feel like buying $350 in music from someone else, just because all of a sudden microsoft decides to start the race.

I do support Microsoft and Windows much, much more than Apple and mac, but from what I have used, music player wise Apple definatly has the better product with better features, also Apple won the race in advertisement, I might have thought an iRiver, or something else was better, but I didnt see the features and the QUALITY that I saw and see in iPods. If you think iPod is low-end then why dont you try to find a music player with a cleaner interface, and more features than iPod, which will also play protected content without going over $300.

I bet the Zune will cost just as much or more as your average iPod too. But if microsoft actually pulls something out worth while that looks good, is compact, and is a better value than iPod that will also play protected content I would love to use it.

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.