xisto Community
BaSsMaNjR5

1 Terabyte Email...... its true....

i was just simply thinking one stupify... nowsaday those mail server increasing the storage.. so i was wondering is there a technology like i can use those storage/space as for web hosting.. :D some are 2G over now so probably can host quite big data .. creating script like from web page to go mail login then auto login when user requested then accessing the data :D:o nah! just joking..

dont try this at home

1 Terabyte mail storage thou only attachment allowed 10M isnt that different!!! that's wut i thought!!cheer!!!!!!! :D

1 TB thats more than my computer will hold in its dreams. I don't think this service will last for long I don't even see a paid e-mail provider being able to support this. Anyway I hope that this does work I sure could use an e-mail provider where I don't need to delete all the time.

I just think its TOO MUCH space. There is no way in a million years i could use all that disk space. NoWay. Its crazy, but i guess some people could since there is such an e-mail account out there.

completely impossible... thats the word :lol: i'm sure they dont have even 1 terabyte in their servers... geez its 1000GB... 1000000MB, 1000000000KB... ... That's just too much space :)

i didnt even know what "terabyte" was, seems real crazy... surely no one needs this much? who would want to send 500mb attachements?it just seems real crazy to me and a waste of space, i thought googles 1gb gmail was crazy, but a terabyte????? damn

A terabyte email is crazy!For my hotmail account, I think I have like 250mb of space, and I think I used somewhere around 1 percent is it? The only thing that sucks about hotmail though is sending files. Once I tried send a Power Point presentation to someone and it said it was a virus.

I still don't think this exists. In this day and age a Gigabyte for free is a really good deal. We won't get 1 terabyte free for a few years. You need a whole server to get 1 terabyte of space.

How much would a terabyte be? 100,000 gigabytes? Or 1000 gigabytes? Well, it sounds cool. >_>Who needs any more than like, 100 gigs anyways? My computer runs on 12 gigs. >_>;

What? If I had that much space, I don't think all my mail will ever fit that! Besides, why on earth would they need to have so much space for email? I mean, emails are just a few KBs or even Bytes? Only very busy people need that space! 0_o It's pretty obvious the people will exploit this feature and use it as a storage facility for their files. The world has gone wacko! (But hey, it's pretty useful too I guess...)

I signed up for an hriders.com account about a month or two ago. So far, it has not lived up to its 500 mB attachment claim in the least. Despite many attempts, I could not configure an SMTP account with my email client (Thunderbird), so I conclude that they do not offer SMTP. So the only option is trying to send attachments via their web interface. Even trying to attach a 5 mB attachment is iffy with that method. So if you're wanting to back up your mp3 collection, I would advice you to be prepared to send each mp3 individually.