xisto Community
manuleka

Amd Board Unable To Display 1280X1024 Resolution?

Ha-ha, use MC's tutorial! Boot on the Linux LiveCD, start LInux without installing it, and see how your display behaves.

i should but unfortunately i no longer have a CD/DVD drive... last time i had one was 3 years ago

You've lost me manuleka,You say BIOS shows, Windows Boot screen shows.Can you get into the F8 menu before the Windows Boot screen?You said safe mode doesn't work, in what way? Is it the same symptons, is it that you can't get to safe mode. A lot of people say it doesn't work but never explains how.Did you try VGA mode from that menu, does it result the same?Have you tried switching monitors?Cheers,MC

You've lost me manuleka,
You say BIOS shows, Windows Boot screen shows.
Can you get into the F8 menu before the Windows Boot screen?

You said safe mode doesn't work, in what way? Is it the same symptons, is it that you can't get to safe mode. A lot of people say it doesn't work but never explains how.

Did you try VGA mode from that menu, does it result the same?

Have you tried switching monitors?

Cheers,

MC

when going into safemode it is the same sympton, i will try VGA mode and report back soon

You've lost me manuleka,
You say BIOS shows, Windows Boot screen shows.
Can you get into the F8 menu before the Windows Boot screen?

You said safe mode doesn't work, in what way? Is it the same symptons, is it that you can't get to safe mode. A lot of people say it doesn't work but never explains how.

Did you try VGA mode from that menu, does it result the same?

Have you tried switching monitors?

Cheers,

MC

thanks MC :) VGA mode worked... funny though i can set resolution to 1280x1024 ??

It maybe the refresh rate that's too high, not the resolution. Usually if you resolution goes up, the refresh rate has to come down.Although, you should look at getting that BIOS updated so that you can boot from USB.Cheers,MC

Although, you should look at getting that BIOS updated so that you can boot from USB.

I think that he can already boot from USB, else he would never have been able to install Windows.

I think that he can already boot from USB, else he would never have been able to install Windows.

hehe this box came with Windows already in it :)

it seems it already has the latest BIOS on... so i'll have to try some other way of getting a fresh install