xisto Community
manuleka

Hp Pavilion Dv6000 Black Screen Of Crap

Trying to diagnose a Black Screen after Vista login on my friends laptopeven on safemodes, once log in screen goes black other than mouse cursor and SAFEMODE words appear on screenanyone experience this before?

Did you try booting on a LiveCD, in order to check that the hardware is functionnal? I guess that you always have a liveCD or a LiveUSB in your pocket for such a purpose? :unsure:

yes i do... and yes tested it and it seems to load up ok... although initially there were a few flickering of the screen.... did a system restore which fixed the BSCrap... gave it back to owner, now it shuts down randomly... but he says it happens after 30min or so of usage, like watching movie or playing music...

Welcome to the club. I have HP 2500Twith similar problem. I have blank screen with functional boot and OS, HD and i can hear the login screen or splash screen sound too. So just only the screen is screwed. The pavilion series is quite buggy and HP is not going to do anything about it. If you take it to the service center, they are going to charge very heavily. Try some of these if it works.1) Bend your lappy screen 120 deg and see if it shows the screen while boot up, if not then you have to fix inverter wire and supply to the screen.or2) You can remove the battery and directly connect the lappy to supply (just to test if battery side is short or not). If yes, then you got issue with connections related to battery to these other parts.If not, problem is something different.or3) Check if the charger plug is incompatible which sometimes cause such issues. I suggest checking with another pin if it works you know what is the problem. Not directly related to the screen but could lead to short of inverter wire.or4) Check motherboard and most likely here is the problem. You have to pay for some of the fixes which usually costs anywhere between 250-300$(not worth it considering you can buy new machine by adding few more dollars).So it is your choice, to either fix or buy new machine. I have machine dead for quite sometime. I suggest you to checkout the issue with service station because mot likely there is hardly anything you can do about it. There are some videos on youtube that shows some of the common fixes which never worked for me. But who knows it could work out for you. I suggest you to check them out and see if any of these work for you. Most likely minor issues or fixes could help to fix the black screen issue.

currently the laptop is working fine... but it runs quite slow... file transfers from external hard drives are crazy as slow... i think there's some problem with the laptops mainboard (but i'm hoping it is something less expensive to replace)

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)