xisto Community
iGuest

Change In The Partition Format From Fat32 To Ntfs

Hi.Is it possible to change the operating system loaded drive format from fat32 to ntfs through easeus partition master.plz help me....

Use the "convert" command in command-line, it's easy to use :For instance, type "Convert c: /FS:NTFS " in order to convert the C: disk to NTFS Format Size.Type "Convert /?" in order to have the "convert" syntax.This is not exactly what you wanted it is not a GUI, bit it's really to use.Of course, you can alsy buy a software like Parition Magic, which will give you a nice interface to perform that type of administrating tasks. And you can also use a free alternative to partition magic, like gparted, see some of them described here http://ccm.net/faq/1391-free-alternative-to-partition-magic this helped.RegardsYordan

Use the "convert" command in command-line, it's easy to use : For instance, type "Convert c: /FS:NTFS " in order to convert the C: disk to NTFS Format Size. Type "Convert /?" in order to have the "convert" syntax. This is not exactly what you wanted it is not a GUI, bit it's really to use. Of course, you can alsy buy a software like Parition Magic, which will give you a nice interface to perform that type of administrating tasks. And you can also use a free alternative to partition magic, like gparted, see some of them described here http://ccm.net/faq/1391-free-alternative-to-partition-magic Hope this helped. Regards Yordan

don't forget to backup your data first...

will this trick with the console on windows work on a system boot drive like C? I can 't boot windows from that drive and convert it from fat to ntfs which it's loaded and won't need a reboot?With similar tool like partition magic, I remember I expanded the driver C with 40 gb from disk D which was near and automatically I did it from the running system, it was quite fun, and I didn't lost any files of what I know, the only thing I needed to do was to defragment that there wouldn't be any fragmented files on the disk.

I did it once because a software needed the C: drive to be NTFS. Unfortunately I don't remember if I performed this without rebooting.I probably did the same way as usual : make a ghost backup of the system disk, and then boot on the Partition Magic CD in order to convert, and then boot on hard disk and check that the miracle occurred. :rolleyes:

I did it once because a software needed the C: drive to be NTFS. Unfortunately I don't remember if I performed this without rebooting.I probably did the same way as usual : make a ghost backup of the system disk, and then boot on the Partition Magic CD in order to convert, and then boot on hard disk and check that the miracle occurred. :rolleyes:

interesting... i never really thought converting from one format to another on system drive is possible without restart, let alone converting while the OS is currently active...

my safest bet would be boot-able partition magic or tools like it... and of course backed up data hehe