xisto Community
evought

Cannot Edit Posts Where did it go?

All of a sudden, I cannot edit my posts after they have been submitted. I have been on this site for quite a while and have routinely done so in the past, often making small corrections years later (e,g, broken or moved links) when I go back to use my own tutorial :-)

I have posted two parts of a tutorial recently, need to go back and make some corrections before putting up the next part and wanted to link them together once they are all up (make it easy to go from one part to the next). Problem is, there does not appear to be any button or option to do so... unless I am losing my mind.

I am running in Firefox 7.0.1 on Linux FC 15 with NoScript enabled, but I have white-listed Xisto and the various ancillary domains it loads scripts from, so it should not be a script issue. Is this a feature change, a glitch, or...

I also cannot seem to post in the "Hosted Members" section...

All of a sudden, I cannot edit my posts after they have been submitted. I have been on this site for quite a while and have routinely done so in the past, often making small corrections years later (e,g, broken or moved links) when I go back to use my own tutorial :-)

I have posted two parts of a tutorial recently, need to go back and make some corrections before putting up the next part and wanted to link them together once they are all up (make it easy to go from one part to the next). Problem is, there does not appear to be any button or option to do so... unless I am losing my mind.

I am running in Firefox 7.0.1 on Linux FC 15 with NoScript enabled, but I have white-listed Xisto and the various ancillary domains it loads scripts from, so it should not be a script issue. Is this a feature change, a glitch, or...

I also cannot seem to post in the "Hosted Members" section...

i never knew they use to be editable... i think you're provided with 3 or 5 minutes window for editing submitted post, after that you'll have to either double post or update on new post

Just send me a PM and I will merge the two parts you were mentionning.And, yes, you are right, the current version of the forum allows topics modifications only during a short period of time.

I remember we were able to edit our posts whenever we wanted, but that's in my opinion isn't very good, as you can remove them later or add something different :unsure:It used to be a short period of time you could edit a post, but as I know it's now ~10 minutes, you can edit your post after publishing it and if you made some mistakes, you have at least 10 minutes to fix them. At first it was quite hard to adopt, but with time I think most of us god used to it, you can always preview your post or reply to see how it looks and when you know you have 10 minutes to fix it, you do it and don't go from your computer to get a snack and come back to fix it ;)

...you can always preview your post...

that's the one... previewing not only helps correcting typos but also gives the poster another run on reading his/her post before posting... re-editing posts makes previewing less popular

Actually the non editable feature is a really good one since it prevents members from adding rubbish or removing content from their posts. And like yordan mentioned, you can always contact him or you can contact me to have your posts edited.