xisto Community
gates

New Here And Need Some Help

I hear that Xisto was best freehosting.. and come here .I read some stuff it provided , I just wanna check if it would deduct your credit 30 per year which means I should earn more and more credit years and years? And does it able to park domain.need some ones help...

Astahost is by far the best community driven webhosting. It is not free actually because you have to write for them in order to earn credits, which can eventually be used to pay for your hosting needs, but for most people it is the way to go. You don't have to pay anything in cash (though you can do this if you want) and that is why often it is called free web hosting. In reality it is a community driven hosting where a whole community participates in creating valuable content. The content is published online and serves ads. The revenues coming from the ads are used for all purposes.You said you are new to Xisto. I must tell you that you are at the right place to start your online business. Their service is extremely good and so is their customer support. It won't take you more that two or three days to get an issue solved and this is a huge bonus to them. What I like about Xisto is that I get credits for what I have to do. I mean look, if you are having trouble with some computer related stuff, you will try to find a solution through search engines. If you are unable to find the solution this way, what options do you have. You have to post your problem on some forum to be answered by other users. It is the only way you can solve intricate problems for free. The Xisto community has some very experiences users like @starscream and @Bennet etc. They are always besides you to help you solve your problems. And in addition to your valuable answers, you get credits for you questions. Yes, you get credits for your questions, in fact anything you post (as far as it is not against the TOS). So I think it is the best way to start your business when every penny counts, and Xisto is the best place for it.You mentioned that you have heard some rumors about deduction of credits every year. I have also heard such rumors, which say that it becomes harder and harder to earn credits as the post count of a user increases. Although there is no official denial or acceptance of this, by my experience I can tell that the difference is very small if any. I still get about the same number of credits for posts that I used to get about a 100 posts ago. Yes I do see some decrease but the point is, when you get used to stuff here, you can write more and more easily. When you become an expert, you will find that you would be able to post solutions, not just questions. And consequently, the number of posts you can write will increase significantly. I would like to hear from Xisto officials on this.

it certainly is the best so far in my experience and knowledge for FREE (with just post to host) as Ahsaniqhal111 mentioned above ;)i've been with another host similar but instead of credits/mycents, it was just post count... but it was awhile ago, i don't think they are still going...

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

And does it able to park domain.

Yes, it parks domains.And it will cost you precisely the monthlee fee for your hosting plan, no more.
Plus the yearly fee for the domain name if you also want to purchase a domain name.

Yes, it parks domains.And it will cost you precisely the monthlee fee for your hosting plan, no more.
Plus the yearly fee for the domain name if you also want to purchase a domain name.

i've always wondered how much does it cost for a domain from Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting and if it's cheaper for forum members...
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

You are a standard customer buying paid hosting. Simply, instead of using your bluecard, you use your MyCents account balance.Simply go to the Xisto client area, click "order a domain", give your domain name, and see how much it costs. It depends from the domain type (.org, .net, etc..)

Yordan !I want your comments on the rumors that I discussed in my previous post under the same topic. I have heard a lot of people say that the older you get on Xisto Forum, the harder it is to earn money here. In other terms, the greater is the number of posts for a user, the lesser he will earn per word.Is this correct?

I want your comments on the rumors

This subject is slightly off-topic, but I will try to put my own five cents ont it.Each guy has his own feeling on the speed the cents accumulate. And your own opinion is the only effective one.
So, sit down and think : do you feel that it's harder to earn cents this month, do you feel that it was easier three monthes ago?
My own opinion is that if there is a bug in the accounting algorithm, this bug will be found and solved.

I have heard a lot of people say that the older you get on Xisto Forum, the harder it is to earn money here.

Yes. You're correct and for this you can see the live example in another forum with mycents on - Xisto.com. Thought the script on Xisto is tweaked such that you earn even less because they're not moderating that forum anymore. That forum pays 13-20 mycents per 10-13 forum posts. Which is very low amount if you ask me in comparison to Xisto. But as Xisto is more geared toward technical discussion than casual discussions, their members avoid this forum because spam and casual discussions are not allowed on this forum, which is good thing.

Xisto is by far the best community driven webhosting.

I'm going to change my opinion very soon about xisto hosting. Currently my two sites are hosted on gamma server. I opened one ticket on support to ask them for the wordpress version upgrade. They're still on 3.0 whereas current version is on 3.1.3. They have no plans of updating the script. I consider that as security breach and is not good for my wordpress sites. So i'm planning to move my sites elsewhere. Besides that mycents are also not updating quickly anymore. I had issue with update for about week and they updated only when yordan asked them to do. SO you can guess that they're not bothered to listen to folks like me as it proves from one of my pending support ticket. I'm planning to move to other hosts once i get my virtual credit card working, as paypal is closed here and i don't have credit card, i'm in process to purchase virtual card to buy hosting. Till then i have to tolerate this mycent system, so wish to get paid hosting elsewhere soon. Hostwinds and cirtexhosting are cheap,let's see.

This subject is slightly off-topic, but I will try to put my own five cents ont it.Each guy has his own feeling on the speed the cents accumulate. And your own opinion is the only effective one.
So, sit down and think : do you feel that it's harder to earn cents this month, do you feel that it was easier three monthes ago?
My own opinion is that if there is a bug in the accounting algorithm, this bug will be found and solved.

well if that's how it really works at the moment i hope the bug get fixed soon ;)