xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manuleka

Chrome Skins Saving To Local Drive

with Chrome skin (free available ones under options --> theme) how can i save these files/themes into my local drive so chrome would not re-download every time i change it?

Hmm, interesting question, but is it really relevant? if you're using a browser, usually it means you're connected to the network, unless you do something on local network without Internet and want to change themes..I think you could ask this question not here, but at developers support of some kind ;)

Hmm, interesting question, but is it really relevant? if you're using a browser, usually it means you're connected to the network, unless you do something on local network without Internet and want to change themes..
I think you could ask this question not here, but at developers support of some kind ;)

my reason is just out of curiosity really... and also just wanted the themes readily available locally when i wanna change it, some of these themes are over a megabyte or two...

do you use google chrome or chromium? they are my default browsers in Windows and Linux respectively...

Chrome skin may work for offline browser usage. I mean those which are downloaded already are likely to be reused for sure. But you can't choose them from any specific page offline. You'll be able to use the pre-selected by you again for offline use. In order to switch to another skin you need to go online again. This is my observation so far with the chrome. I don't know if there is some sort of sandbox for the skin management or skin modification for offline use. But you can ask that on chromium support forums. As for me i'm using chrome browser. There is also ironbrowser that is perfect for offline testing as well. You can try asking on their support forum for anything related to chrome or chromium browser and it's work.