xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nationaldust

Water Powered Cars

Obviously it's not quite rocket-science but it still blows my mind the stranglehold the oil companies must have on us, I remember researching a bit on water powered cars last year, and seeing videos on youtube of cars that had been fully reworked to run on water, and get astronomical milage per gallon to what we get now.The capitalist world probably wont be letting up anytime soon, I heard in one country where they wouldn't allow the idea to be patented, pretty sure a big car manufacturer in Japan was blocked from going ahead a while back too, so when will we ever see the day where gas stations are replaced with water pumps, because clearly the technology and know how has been around but for the greedy profit capitalistic world it definitely doesn't make sense, they prefer polluting the oceans. Anyone else investigated the corrupt oil industry??

There are some projects which are actually into it if you see it on wikipedia. there is one from the company from japan and china. I'm sure few german projects will be up and running as well. I can't say for sure if such type of cars will help or not but there is going to be some unsafe side to it as well that i see.

From what I have been led to understand, water powered cars do not have a very powerful engine at all, less powerful than electric cars. Because of this they would be like driving a golf cart around which wouldn't really appeal to many people. I know that California was used as a testing ground for ethanol powered cars, not sure if that would be cheaper than regular fuel or not once it becomes more common place but California gas stations (well the majority) all had ethanol pumps fitted for the trials. There are bio fuels, but pure ethanol fuel is by far better. Not sure if it has been a success or not yet though. Anyway ethanol powered cars would mean a massive drop in porfits for the oil companies but they would still have other economies to fall back on such as plastics, lubricants and heating oil. I welcome the idea of ethanol fuel though, much cleaner and would give a massive profit boost to the farming community.

As I know, Hydrogen Powered cars are powerful, the thing with them is that these kind of cars can explode with a big bum! and the main thing is to make them stable?On youtube, you can search for Hydrogen Powered, Water Powered, Salt Water powered cars and similar, there are plenty of stuff, even though there could be scam videos put by someone too..But as you said, who controls oil, doesn't really want to loose profit.. As I read, Sweden from 2020 has a vision to use these kind of cars and replace gas or fuel. :P

I've been doing a bit of research in to how a car powered by water actually works. It's not quite what I thought it would be but I'll share some of my findings with you. There is a practical and cost effective solution already implemented where you have a hydrogen fuel cell placed in to your car. The cell uses an electrical current to convert the water in to hydrogen oxygen, and when in this gas form is then used to power the vehicle. For the non-technical user there is a simple system which creates the gas on demand without need to store it, however this can drain your cars battery a lot faster than usual so the cost of recharging the battery can mount up. There is also talk of man named Stan Meyer who invented a Dune Buggy that ran solely on water before the technology became publicly available. The Dune Buggy itself featured in a one-off television appearance and Stan Meyer has succesfully applied for the patents on his technology when he was suspiciously poisoned and died in a parking lot in his home town of Grove City, Ohio in march 1998. A week after his death his Dune Buggy and all his experimental equipment were stolen, or at least so his brother Steve claimed. Stan said while he was alive, that he was threatened many times and would not sell out to Arab Oil Corp. An Arab even offered him $1,000,000,000 to stop the project and not release the technology, but he refused and said it was for the people. So it seems obvious from these sketchy reports than hydrogen powered vehicles are a threat to the oil companies, it's fully understandable but I don't think people have fully grasped how far these people would be willing to go to protect their profits. I still believe that ethanol based fuels are a more efficient means of fuelling vehicles, the cost works out cheaper than the amount of electricity required to run HHO fuel cells, but obviously either are more efficient and healthier for the environment than gasoline.

ah i didn't thought about the oil mafia and thugs who are controlling the market. Now i see why many researches are dumped which claims to reduce oil usage or increases efficiency of car. Looks to me that such cars are neglected by consumers because most of the fuel efficient cars usually have bad designs as well. In my state there was a man who claimed a simple device for 2 wheeler bikes which improved pollution level. His research was credible but many companies dumped him for something this and that. I don't know what happened to him later on but that's all that happened in this case that i know.I'm not sure how much oil mafia are influencing the research or car companies but this does look like some possibility to me. Arabs and other countries are likely to have manipulated two ways by those mafia's.

I noticed that a few people are using the wrong terminology here. A water powered car would be like a CO2 powered card, you're referring to the resulting component. Running a car on water would be kinda stupid because the energy you need to transform 2H2O into 4H + O2 is equal to the energy you get when 4H + O2 forms 2H2O (pure theoretically in an ideal world, with losses and barriers, it'll be more efficient to just use batteries). Anyway, using hydrogen to power cars is all nice and well, but it's just not ready for the masses. Don't forget they use hydrogen for bombs. It's realy, realy tricky to make this system safe, it'll take another few years of research to make the storage of hydrogen safe to withstand an accident. Anyway, the stories of the oil maffia is nice, but have you ever heard of the Shell Eco-marathon ? Doesn't realy sound like oil-guzzling-maffia-stuff.

Using electrolysis make hydrogen from clean H2O thus imagine the water power vehicle is feasible might have a long way to go before it became reality, I still remembered the fuss about the plastic cars a while ago which was not materialized. I believe there is a lot of technical challenge, maybe solar car would be a bit more practical in my opinion.

Water powered carWater Powered Cars

To power a car with water, electrolysis is used to produce HHO or Brown's gas and this gas is passed into the combustion chamber of the engine where it explodes and work is done on the piston and the byproduct is h2o.To split water into HHO a current at resonant frequency is passed because it has high amplitude and produces more vibrations to efficiently break the covalent bond of water molecule using a low voltage.Anyone who wants to try running his car on water should first try to produce brown's gas.This experiment can be performed in your backyard with basic tools.A lot of videos on youtube and free ebooks around the internet may help you.Enjoy your water powered car!REGARDS!!

-reply by Ishan