xisto Community
thetech438

What Is The Best Web Browser

Best Web Browser  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used Firefox most of the time, but I did get into quite some troubles with Firefox, for example can not print PDF files, web page load problem etc. I would vote for Internet explorer since it's very popular and seems to have the best compatibility. Oprea is very good on my smartphone though, much better than IE.

Wow! I did not knwo what a sciphone is. I double-clicked the word in the forum, and a pop-up window opened, explaining what it is. It's the first time I use this facility, I'm surprised to be among the people for whom this feature is useful. :P By the way, when I switched to firefox 3.6 I stopped seing the cursor when replying to a Xisto topic! I will very soon donwgrade to firefox 3.5 or 3.2

I've been using Opera since version 6 ! It's an awesome browser and afaik, upgrading Opera doesn't pose any problems :P . It's packed with nice features and that doesn't seem to slow it down at all (ow, and I'm addicted to Opera mouse gestures !)I'm not a fan of Firefox tough, without plugins, it's a worthless browser because it isn't really fast or it doesn't have nice features, but as soon as you start adding plugins, your either stuck to a certain version or FF becomes slower and start crashing a lot. Chrome is good too, it's as fast as it's light (untill you start adding plugins :o ), but I don't like Google controlling everything I have :P . I try to avoid IE. I only use it at work to check my mail (Lotus) or visit the company websites, other than that, it just sits there because it's slow and leaky as hell.Then for Safari, well, lets just say that it should stick with MacOS because on Windows it just isn't as great as on Mac.//edit: ow, I'd also like to mention that I do use Opera Mini/Opera Mobile on my iPaq, Mio and Nokia 5130 :P .

Edited by wutske (see edit history)

I try to avoid IE. I only use it at work

Same for me, I use IE (IE6, nothing more!) at work, and I use firefox for my pleasure.I just tried google chrome 10, and I hate it.
It does not use less resources than firefox.
It does not work with the websites I must use at work, and it cannot display correctly the websites I visit from home for my own pleasure. I don't like it's look. So, I will avoid using google chrome each time I can.

There is good news for those who are using firefox. In version 4 and onwards they're going to change the UI of the program. You can expect smoother UI like chrome. Resource hungry ? hmm well not sure if that will be covered. But i guess they'll also improve on that front. Their current issue of 'plugin-container.exe' is very annoying for windows users. About chrome, it's good but it's also boring for me because i like to organize my sidebar, add-ons to work while writing online. If that goes then anything that any other browser throws to me is fine. So far only FF is doing that for me so not gonna change to chrome just for some quick running of program or less resource. Opera looks good but their ad blocker seems to be dangerous and could strip out many good sites from their revenue or even from content while using it. So not gonna vote for opera.

By the way, when I switched to firefox 3.6 I stopped seing the cursor when replying to a Xisto topic! I will very soon donwgrade to firefox 3.5 or 3.2

I had the same problem so I didn't bother updating my laptops version. This happened to me in the past with previous 3.x versions of firefox as well (but I can't remember which ones) and I was happy when it started working again.

Also the sciphone is an ok phone for a cheap touch screen. I got mine for ÂŁ80 off ebay and it came with an 8gb micro sd card and all the necessary converters for it (MSD -> SD -> USB). Also came with a car charger for plugging in to the lighter socket. The only problem I had was having to buy an adapter for my headphones because the ones that come with it are rubbish. Also has the tilt function for movies and images and so on. Good little phone.

Also didn't realise the forums had a double-click feature to look up information, very useful to know!
Edited by 8ennett (see edit history)

Also didn't realise the forums had a double-click feature to look up information, very useful to know!

It's written inside the rectangular sign just below the work "Shoutbox".It says " AnswerTips, double-click any word".

I use Firefox a lot of times because of the add-ons that you can add to the browser to improve your surfing and other application requirements which will only run in an updated version of Firefox. I found this browser much faster than anything else.

For years I am using Opera browser and am quite happy with it. It's my main browser, where I have a lot of opened tabs, but as I usually write everywhere I use Google chrome as my default browser, to open links from IRC or Skype and other programs, so I wouldn't have a lot of trash in Opera and for just viewing the content Chrome seems to be good.I need to use IE at my work too, for sites which only works with IE, but it's not a problem for me, as I don't browse with it but use the program required, so I don't really care how the content is displayed there. :P