xisto Community
jonline

Review Of Byet Host

I must have tried about 30-40 free hosts over the past two years. I'm just tired of there always being one thing that lets me down with the host. To help you prevent making the same mistakes I thought I would do a quick review of one of them.byethost - not a great host all in all to be honest. Although the options they offer are pretty great (basically unlimited everything), it's just not worth it. Occasionaly your pages will be directed to their sponsors. I find the speed is quite slow and have generally just had a few problems with them such as ftp, very complicated setup etc. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I think they are a great free webhost to practice and learn the CPanel and how to get a site up and operation, but I noticed those redirect links.. or 404 errors that take you to what almost seems like spam. I don't mind if they are trying to make money, but do it in a less annoying and more appropriate way.But as far as their support to free members go, and the occasional downtime with no explanation, I wasn't convinced nor did i trust them enough to buy webhosting and a domain with them.I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, but when it happens, a red flag definitely goes up.

I tried to signup with Byhost free hosting twice, first time got an account with another host, second time got a Vista panel. I don't understand where I went wrong. But it doesn't worth my time to further study on. If a site says one thing and give another thing, I don't feel good with it. Maybe it was because of my mistake during signup process, but this mistake keeps me stay away.

for it design, i give 2. . .It is not attractive at all. . .Make me bored. . .For it feature, i give 4. . .For unlimited bw is ok, but slow speed, oh God +.+

Isn't the slow website site also coming from your internet provider? The images have to go out from the host, and then to go on your display, the slow down can also come from your local network area!

Isn't the slow website site also coming from your internet provider? The images have to go out from the host, and then to go on your display, the slow down can also come from your local network area!

That can be the case, but that is not always true. I know a lot of "unlimited" bandwidth providers that decrease the speed of your site. Which when added to a slow internet connection can drive you crazy. Also most of the time they do not own their own servers and you have to carefully read the terms and conditions for limits to your site. I had an account with BlueHost.com hosting a forum/social network using elgg on their "unlimited bandwidth" I kept getting suspended because my usage was high and they would audit to check to make sure I was going something illegal. Usually they would have my site for about three days. The site was very popular but after the fourth suspension I moved over the another provider and I have been much happier.

All free hosts have fine print to them. None of them are actually 100% free. For example.. some hosts put ads on your account. Some of them give you less than nice features and bw hoping you ulitmately switch to their higher up services. And guess what... some of them making you post on their forums to accumulate credit *cough cough.. XISTO*** cough cough! So.. you have to decide which of these catches are best for you. With Xisto.. you know what you have to do and realize that you can always make more posts to get your account upgraded and/or updated. With other servicese.. it's only a matter of time before you run out of bw.. get sick of the ads or they decide they want to completely free up their services (which happens A LOT!)

So.. just realize that most free webhosts have catches and understand them. ;)