xisto Community
tgp1994

Why Do Some People's Mycents Show Up As A Very Large Negative Number?

Overtime, browsing around, occasionally I'll see someone's myCENTS show up as a very high number. I passed it the last few times as an odd rendering error, but it's repeatedly showing up for this particular post.

Does anyone know why that is occurring?

When members post the mycents are awarded after some hours. And later when a moderator comes and sees that the post was not according to the rules, the moderator deletes it. Thus, accordingly mycents are deducted.You dont need to worry about it unless its you.

Overtime, browsing around, occasionally I'll see someone's myCENTS show up as a very high number. I passed it the last few times as an odd rendering error, but it's repeatedly showing up for this particular post.
Does anyone know why that is occurring?

Xisto pays its users by Mycents within an hour or so for the posts they make. When a user posts something, his accounts get rewarded for the reward of the post in terms of mycents in the next hour but the posts are not moderated before they are live. A moderator of the Xisto team comes later to see the post and if he finds the post as spam or copied content etc he will delete the post. Now as the Xisto has already paid the user by mycents but the user does not deserve to be rewarded so Xisto takes its mycents back from the user.
Now the question is that why the mycents become negative and not go to zera because the mycents are given by the Xisto and then taken back so at the end they should get reduced to zero. The answer to this question is that when 100 mycents accumulate in a users account they are instantly converted to 1 US $. When a user's account has been rewarded by a real US $, it goes to the billing account and it is no more a MYcent system. It is a similar dollar whether you get it through paypal, or credit card or any other source. So now if the user has made posts that at the first hour rewarded him more than 100 mycents, his account will be credited with one us $. If the posts are declared as spam then the posts will be deleted and Xisto will need to take back the mycents from the user. But because the mycents are converted to Dollars therefore Xisto does not take the dollars back but instead marks the mycents as negative. For example if I made some posts worth 563 mycents my account will get 5 dollars and 63 mycents. Suppose later my posts were declared as spam so Xisto will take it mycents back from me. Because my 500 mycents have been converted to 5 dollars, Xisto will not take the dollars back instead charge me -500 mycents. the 63 mycents in my account that exist in mycent form will be taken back as such and my account balance will be -500 mycents.

Xisto pays its users by Mycents within an hour or so for the posts they make. When a user posts something, his accounts get rewarded for the reward of the post in terms of mycents in the next hour but the posts are not moderated before they are live. A moderator of the Xisto team comes later to see the post and if he finds the post as spam or copied content etc he will delete the post. Now as the Xisto has already paid the user by mycents but the user does not deserve to be rewarded so Xisto takes its mycents back from the user.Now the question is that why the mycents become negative and not go to zera because the mycents are given by the Xisto and then taken back so at the end they should get reduced to zero. The answer to this question is that when 100 mycents accumulate in a users account they are instantly converted to 1 US $. When a user's account has been rewarded by a real US $, it goes to the billing account and it is no more a MYcent system. It is a similar dollar whether you get it through paypal, or credit card or any other source. So now if the user has made posts that at the first hour rewarded him more than 100 mycents, his account will be credited with one us $. If the posts are declared as spam then the posts will be deleted and Xisto will need to take back the mycents from the user. But because the mycents are converted to Dollars therefore Xisto does not take the dollars back but instead marks the mycents as negative. For example if I made some posts worth 563 mycents my account will get 5 dollars and 63 mycents. Suppose later my posts were declared as spam so Xisto will take it mycents back from me. Because my 500 mycents have been converted to 5 dollars, Xisto will not take the dollars back instead charge me -500 mycents. the 63 mycents in my account that exist in mycent form will be taken back as such and my account balance will be -500 mycents.

You must have been posting a lot of spam to have about -600 myCENTs right now :S

You must have been posting a lot of spam to have about -600 myCENTs right now :S

Well my case is a bit different. I spammed (unknowingly) for about 1700 mycents in the very start of becoming a member of the Xisto community. I had written some articles and posted on a website but the website had deleted the articles. I posted the same articles (that were deleted from the website on which they were posted) on the Xisto forum and then Xisto gave me some 1700 Mycents. But as the articles were not removed from the google index (the importance of which I did not understand at that time), they were declared as copied content and as a result I got some -1700 mycents into my account. I wrote a lot of legal posts and earned a lot of mycents until my account reached to a positive value. I continued the hard work and I got additional 6 dollars from Xisto but then because of my exams I had to stop writing on the Xisto forum. After about 3 months when my exams were over I started writing again on Xisto. I wrote two posts and then I shut my computer down. When I checked my Mycents they were -778. I just could not believe that because after the deduction of the mycents and my account going to negative I had not spammed in the forum (excet for two articles that I was experimenting with about 2 months after the first going negative and for which I was warned and the Mycents taken back). I had not even recieved any message about spamming or deletion of posts or whatever. So I wrote a support ticket to Xisto and they replied that you must have spammed. I provided them with the link that shows the spam history etc
The link has data something like that:

Warned by Notesyordan Warned on Jun 18 2010, 10:09 AM
Added to warn level spam : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/22514-topic/?findpost=146711 is copied, the source is in signature.
yordan Warned on Mar 21 2010, 06:52 PM
Removed from warn level Said that he did not know that copied text was forbidden. Says he will not do that any more. Let's temporarily trust him.
yordan Warned on Mar 21 2010, 02:11 PM
Added to warn level Copied text :
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/22355-topic/?findpost=145671 is copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and topic http://forums.xisto.com/topic/21475-topic/ is copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And I told them that I have not spammed but there might be some problem with the system. But they replied me after 5 days that they cannot turn the mycents into positive and that I should register a new account on Xisto.com and start writing there. I could not understand why they said so but I kept working here because I cannot take risk with my website hosted on Xisto. I have now plans to move my website to some where else so that I do not face such problem again but I will have to make the arrangements first.

Oh, sorry to hear about that :)I wish I could give you a +1 reputation or something.

Yes, there were some problems with MyCents, I also had positive number of MyCents and was offline for over 3 months and later I posted several posts and it updated to -800 MyCents due to something, as it was the starting of my cents, maybe due to that some old topics were truncated or something as I wrote a submit ticket, it could be something with very old posts vanishing or something, can't remember, just remember that it was in the begining of myCents, when we were converted from credits to mycents and most of old users got lots of myCents by converting credits, maybe soem of use got to much? and later the problem was fixed and mycents dropped, well nobody replaied to my submit ticket again and I quite quickly reached a positive number.But today, mycents seems to work good and you get only negative if you're posts are being edited or deleted. :)

Yes, there were some problems with MyCents, I also had positive number of MyCents and was offline for over 3 months and later I posted several posts and it updated to -800 MyCents due to something, as it was the starting of my cents, maybe due to that some old topics were truncated or something as I wrote a submit ticket, it could be something with very old posts vanishing or something, can't remember, just remember that it was in the begining of myCents, when we were converted from credits to mycents and most of old users got lots of myCents by converting credits, maybe soem of use got to much? and later the problem was fixed and mycents dropped, well nobody replaied to my submit ticket again and I quite quickly reached a positive number.
But today, mycents seems to work good and you get only negative if you're posts are being edited or deleted. :)

You were a lucky man to get your mycents quickly to rise to positive value. I got them positive today and I have been working for two days. I cannot write regularly so all the burden of the problem come on these two days. I feel that it is not good for the Xisto's future and that they should do something with the problem. Other wise no body is that good to bare his work made worth a negative balance.

Negative balance happens if you keep on posting on spam threads or judge as spam. For today, my myCents may go up but I am not expecting it to go that way since 2 of the threads i posted looks spam and the person who started them was noted by yordan as attempting to spam.When those threads got deleted, my post will be thrown to limbo or get wiped out which will result on missing credits. Forum will notice this and inform myCents that I should get deductions.Basically it is the same thing way before but today, we are earning cash points good for purchase.

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

That idea sounds a little messed up. I can understand Xisto deducting myCENTs when they delete the owner's thread or post, but you should loose myCents (or go below 0) if a thread was deleted containing your post.

That is why it's not recommended to reply to SPAM posts, but it's much better to report the post as SPAM and you will solve the problem, by replying to the SPAM post you usually get in trouble yourself, as it get deleted and you loose mycents :)

That idea sounds a little messed up. I can understand Xisto deducting myCENTs when they delete the owner's thread or post, but you should loose myCents (or go below 0) if a thread was deleted containing your post.

When you got paid dollar credit on your billing system, your myCents gets deduction in factors of 100 for each dollar. This happen once or twice in a day. Sometimes mine got updated twice a day.

If for some reason that one thread where you actively post stuffs gots deleted, myCents system will calculate the points earned and deduct them from your present myCents value. Since 100 myCents always gets converted regularly, there is a very high chance that your current myCents value is way lower than the value that needs to be deducted from penalties of deleted thread/s.

This results on negative value, just like how bank accounts work, how credit cards work and other money insitution work. It won't be fair for the system for example that you have 189 myCents penalty and you currently 12 myCents. Making that to 0 means 177myCents loss to the company.

In Xisto, we work for xisto by posting and this post was being pulled into other websites that xisto have which displays ads. This ads in turn gives revenue to xisto. Xisto then pays us in dollars of virtual money which we can buy hosting and domain services. The domains you buy can be used anywhere you want and can even be transfered to any other hosting that you like

When you got paid dollar credit on your billing system, your myCents gets deduction in factors of 100 for each dollar. This happen once or twice in a day. Sometimes mine got updated twice a day.

If for some reason that one thread where you actively post stuffs gots deleted, myCents system will calculate the points earned and deduct them from your present myCents value. Since 100 myCents always gets converted regularly, there is a very high chance that your current myCents value is way lower than the value that needs to be deducted from penalties of deleted thread/s.

This results on negative value, just like how bank accounts work, how credit cards work and other money insitution work. It won't be fair for the system for example that you have 189 myCents penalty and you currently 12 myCents. Making that to 0 means 177myCents loss to the company.

In Xisto, we work for xisto by posting and this post was being pulled into other websites that xisto have which displays ads. This ads in turn gives revenue to xisto. Xisto then pays us in dollars of virtual money which we can buy hosting and domain services. The domains you buy can be used anywhere you want and can even be transfered to any other hosting that you like

Well, ya, I understand how the system works, I just find that my particular example seems to be a bit of a loop.

And suppose the topic begins legitimate, but then degrades overtime from other people? Should it be fair that those of us legitimate posters loose our hard earned credits? (Or gain a debt.)

And suppose the topic begins legitimate, but then degrades overtime from other people? Should it be fair that those of us legitimate posters loose our hard earned credits? (Or gain a debt.)

This will not occur.If you see a spamming topic, do not reply, just Report the spam and you have no trouble.
If a legitimate topic starts, it's OK. You replay this legitimate topic, it's still OK.
If spamming answers appear in a legitimate topic, only the spamming answers will be deleted, not yours, so you will loose no credits.