xisto Community
H.O.D

How Do I Plan To Buy A Future-proof Gaming Pc?

Agreeing with most of the users in this thread, a futureproof computer is impossible.That's the only reason why computer part manufacturers thrive: every year or so, they create a newer, faster part, and the software follows along to fill that new space. The user is eventually left with no choice but to buy that newer part, which in turn, may be incompatible, thus creating another market for other part manufacturers :DI mean, if you think about it, it's better that way. What would we do if both Intel and AMD went out of business?My suggestion to you is to get parts that have the latest support built into them, which should hold you over for as long as possible.Otherwise, keep that job, so the money keeps flowing :)

Edited by tgp1994 (see edit history)

That's exactly what you have when you boot off a liveCD.Except the "fast boot" thing, booting off a Linux or Windows LiveCD makes you boot a clean, virus-proof Operating system.
And if you try using this, first of all everything is perfect : no virus can install things, if you read an infected mail it has no effect... So, you will see that evrything works correctly, but... you will start to continuously want to add things, add plugins, add software .... Which will be refused.
And you will rush back to a standard read/write operating system disk! :)

Umm... wrong topic?

have you thought about upgrading the parts believe me it is much cheaper you should also have a good cooling system since computer systems run better when they are cooled properly. whereas i recently got myself a 1tb hdd which suits my needs that is that along side my 250gb and 160 gb hdd's. in my opinon thats enough space to last me a while. it seems the more space i get the quicker that i use up the space i have. back on topic anyway, if you think it is neccessary should replace your graphics card as this should improve gaming permformance. you could depending on the socket and chipset of your current motherboard keep that to save a bit of money. but thats all i ve got.