xisto Community

this photo is my graduation picture. can anyone fix this? I appreciate your help.graduation photo

This link is not reachable. Mistyping problem or facebook protection ?Maybe you should try posting another link, for instance on a picture hosting server ? :)

i put it in photobucket i think it woul work to open the picture. By the way thanks for your time reading my message and appreciate your help. :) Can you put the instructions or step on how to do the editing on my picture i would like to try. thanks again and godbless.

This link is not reachable. Mistyping problem or facebook protection ?Maybe you should try posting another link, for instance on a picture hosting server ? :D

graduation Picture

Lots of loss in quality. I don't know if there is some problem with the original picture. I think you should hire professional or anyone who has free time. This looks like a lot of work. Why not hire someone from fiverr.com or freelance.com site. That way you'll get atleast some good work for your money or time spent which you'll waste for getting it done for free.

i put it in photobucket i think it woul work to open the picture. By the way thanks for your time reading my message and appreciate your help. :) Can you put the instructions or step on how to do the editing on my picture i would like to try. thanks again and godbless.
graduation Picture

OK, now I see.
First of all, you should re-scan your picture with a lot more resolution, the picture should be far bigger as your PC screen.
Secondly, have a look at the "beautify" tools, and play with them, you will see the job which has to be done. You can do the job with the Photobucket embedded tools, or with a more professional tool (with two brushes) like Corel Photo.
As Startscream has told you, this is a job needing a lot of patience. Either you are very patient an you can spend a lot of time on it, or you have some money and you can pay an experienced guy for spending a lot of time on it.
If you have no money, maybe there will be a generous guy around here who will do the job just for fun?
But, at leat, you need first to re-scan your picture in order to have a maximum pixels in it. Just to have an order of idea, the image size should be several megs and not some k!
Regards
Yordan

That's going to be tough one to fix :P To begin with, the picture is extremely blurry and it's almost impossible to restore the details in this picture (without adding details that weren't there before). Second, there's a lot of information that's simply gone. You can fix most of it using a cloning tool (photoshop, gimp, ...), but details like the blue ribbon around your wrist will have to be added manually.I'd like to give it a go, but I'll need a higer resolution picture and I don't want you to expect that I'm a pro, I just like a good challenge now and then :) It's best if you PM me about this :D

Edited by wutske (see edit history)

There's not really much that can be done digitally, it's a big job and needs the image to be physically mended. The print needs re-adjusting and putting back in place, it looks like there are quite a few fingerprints that have moved it out of place.

You may have to face facts and understand this image can never be restored back to a decent quality. I take it you don't have a copy of the negatives.

Maybe you can track down the photographer who took the picture. Tax records are always the best way to do this. Find the tax records for any professional photographers paid by the school during the year it was taken. Also, professional photographers always keep an extensive library of negatives from all their work just for occasions like this.

I did have a go at mending this however it would not be anything like the original. There is too much missing data. I did have a go at cleaning it up however the sharpness was not very good. The only thing I could fix was the face, however with that large portion of missing print on the forehead it was hard.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Like I said, not a very good job and nowhere near as sharp as the original

You can fix this with some simple blur/sharpening, you'll have to do it manually. A little bit of effort can do a lot:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I totaly screwed up his forehead, but the top-left corner and the white band in the background could be fixed easily in less than 10 minutes :) .