xisto Community
HannahI

Flash With C In Unix

I'm getting a bunch of errors.Can you show me a full function using it, no matter what I try I can't get it with no errors nor warnings.

Can you show your compiler output, errors and warnings along with the code, so that we can work out what your doing wrong and replicate it, the more information you show, the easier it will be to show you whats wrong and why.

Also, make sure to bookmark this site http://www.cplusplus.com/ it has just about everything you will ever need to know about any reserved work in C/C++.
Edited by The_Fury (see edit history)

Ok i got the graphics part of C and C++. But my point is that, hannah asking for flash like animation using C or asking to link C file to flash ? I didn't get the requirements behind this correctly. What's the thing we are trying to achieve here ?

Ok i got the graphics part of C and C++. But my point is that, hannah asking for flash like animation using C or asking to link C file to flash ? I didn't get the requirements behind this correctly. What's the thing we are trying to achieve here ?

He just wants his C program to make a big amount of light coming from his display (for instance a screen refresh), so it's litterally a "flash" like in "flash-lamp", a flashing light.On a Unix system you can do this by "tput blink" followed by "tput sgr0", but how could you do it in pure C, making a whole screen full of white and then back to normal?

If we have to do this in C++ then i don't think there is any official library from C++ committee. So SDL & OpenGL are two good choices. OpenGL can be used to flash the screen the clear it and flash it again. It's like a loop program. I don't have gcc installed on windows pc, let me check it after trying it on codeblocks.