xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HannahI

Goooooooogle

Wow! Google is my favorite website for so many reason. For one thing 85% of the time you fin exactly what you want, when you want. For another thing they have some many services including Email, Search, Base, Shopping, Blogger, Site Search, Code, and more! Plus most of this is free to, I don't imagine how they do it.Google = AWESOME :D

Google is making an operating system, and it is going to be epic, considering everything by Google has been epic.I hear its open source, which will be cool.I also heard that it will be free because everything by Google is free, but I don't get how that would work at all... maybe I should just disregard that rumor.But yeah, Google is great.

I don't think it'll be an epic. Why ? First looking at the screenshots and review from beta testers. This looks like OS for online users. What about people who use offline softwares and work more offline than online ?. Google tied online services onto this operating system. If they market it as for all type of users then i've no problem calling it epic. Else if its has targeted user-base then there is no point in calling it epic. But yes, world is excited to have some interesting from google head quarters. And as we don't trust privacy of google , we'll see more and more of our surfing habits and sites getting indexed by this os. They'll earn more from it for sure.

Chrome is successful to some extent in browser market. People who find opera and firefox as heavy are switching to it. Performance wise chrome is good browser. In many browser tests it performs well. You can say it eats less memory than other browsers. So i'll not call it unsuccessful. Besides chrome is essential component in chrome os. So even if operating system as whole is failed. Chrome will remain in market for quite long time. But after looking at the developer beta screen-shots and after reading reviews. I found this operating system not worth install on my hard disk. Sure, i'll check it on vmware player. But i don't see any reason to install it on hard-disk. I'm not sure if it supports offline usage as of yet. Many reviews talk about it's online functionality than any offline feature. Google gears feature will be part of this os. But how much this feature will help, i can't say anything about that.

I love Google. Smart business. So much free stuff. Gmail. Google Voice. Google Docs. Google Chrome. Amazingly fast. Though I do tend to notice trouble with Google's servers from time to time. But I have to agree.. there are just some things that Google is not going to be able to dominate. They've certainly made their mark into telecommunications with Android. But the OS is not going to be popular IMO. I did try a beta version of it and I wasn't even able to figure out how to connect to the Internet. It's just one big Chrome looking window. And as much as you think that's all you need.. the eyes will soon tire of staring at the same ol' Chrome box all the time. Stick with what you're good at! Besides, domination in the web market is far more powerful than trying to dominate the desktop.