xisto Community
takerraj

Is My Site Hacked?

Yes. chmod could be handy trick. There are also some precautions to take if you are using wordpress for blog. You can check out the google on how wordpress security is compromised. If you're using any old version of wordpress then you should upgrade to latest version. Also you should make another admin account and delete account with name "admin". This is to avoid admin account getting hacked. There are plenty of such tips and security tips for keeping wordpress secured. If you're using joomla or drupal then you can join respective forums of those software and ask question about software. There are plenty of texts scattered for this security topic. If you're using any forum software like simplemachines,mybb or punbb,phpbb then you should keep yourself updated by upgrading to security release regularly. Never miss any security releases for forum software. If get hacked by hacker, i don't think they'll keep anything for upgrade or to data anyway. You should always install anti-spam, captcha for registrations in order to avoid hacker/spammer registrations. Also do follow official forum software's gudielines on how to work with security releases.

I took a peek at the code just now, it looks like it is trying to change the content if the site! :D Good thing we found it and deleted it fast enough before anything bad will happen (thank god we did).-Hannah

Edited by HannahI (see edit history)