xisto Community
santed

Blocked By Internet Explorer 7 Browser how to get unblocked

hello there,I have a internet explorer 7 browser that was included in the vista home premium program on the computer when I bought it. I was able to download files from Filesmonster.com easily till yesterday. Then i went and deleted all cookies, track history etc, as I thought that would help in the better running of my computer..I was terribly wrong for doing that but I did not know better. Now when I try to download Filesmonster files, the following popup says" To help protect your security Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer." I have gone into TOOLS and POPUP BLOCKER and stopped it from there, and still this popup wont let me download. I have also gone into TOOLS and then INTERNET OPTIONS and SECURITY and brought the SECURITY level to LOW and still this popup FROM HELL and from Internet Browser7 blocks me from downloading files of FILESMONSTER. I have no problems in downloading files of wmv, storage, sharing matrix, hot file, deposit files and rapidshare. I know I fixed this problem a long time ago and I cant remember how. My memory is very bad also.Your help is deeply appreciatedI am a new member here, and a beginner learner on a computer. Baby steps for me!!Thank you very much

Edited by yordan
removed personal informations : replies on the forum or PM (see edit history)

try getting internet explorer 8 or another internet browser like firefox/opera. either of these solutions might just solve your problem. but it might not but i thought that i is best to post this just incase it will espically the 2nd part whihc would involve downloading another companies internet browser because internet explorer might have become the main problematic cause of your problm. For all i know it could be caused by soemthing that this wont fix but you may aswell try because it might just work.

To the list I could add another recommended browser: Opera 10

Some people say they don't understand how to use Opera, I just say that it's the same as any other browser..

Using Safari on Windows, sometimes it's not as stable as it can be, sometimes it takes to much CPU for no reason, sometimes it uses a lot of RAM, it's much more stable and better on Apple.. :D

I think this is the problem with browser and vista. Vista seems to be blocking some connections which requires access to disk via browser. IE7 is sand-boxed browser but not like IE8. It has plenty of bugs. And using IE7 on vista you'll likely to hit plenty of walls. One thing you can do is install IE8 and avoid more issues with the browser.

Also to avoid restriction of downloading files. You can install Firefox, not suitable for low memory machines. But if you can run vista then firefox will work fine with your machine. Alternative to firefox is Opera, which is also easy to use and secure. If you're concerned about speed and browsing performance, you can install Chrome. There are no file download restriction for chrome,firefox and opera. In case if you only upgraded to IE8 then make sure you regularly update it with Microsoft update. Why ? cause many patches are released for IE8 on regular basis.

hi there,Thank you for replying. I tried today again to download a 800mb file from Filesmonster and witht he same results as before that is giving me this mother of all migraines. But on the popup I looked at "OTHER OPTIONS" . It showed a step by step way of disabling this migraine causing problem by Internet Explorer 7. It took me 3 hours to follow the prompts, but finally I was able to disable that migraine causer. For every other reader on this site I am sure hat it would only take you no more than a minute. But as I am just a beginner, I take baby steps. Now things are running as wbefore I made the senseless stab at deleting cookies, tracking history et al on that page of deletes in trying to keep the computer running even more smoothly. I should not have done that. It just prooves the adage "If it aint broke, dont fix it" Thanks to you all for your help. It was much appreciated. I am very happy with the I.E. 7 browser that came with the Vista Home Premium program when I bought this computer. I used the Firefox browser 4 days ago. I see that with some files, when I try to SAVE them to the folder named MOVIES, it saves them to God only knows where. I do not have the energy to find where Firefox has SAVED the file to. That was never the case with I.E. 7 It always sent the SAVE files to the aforementioned folder. Also with the horrifying stories re the I.E. 8 browser, I will not try that browser. All I got to do is not do something totally stupid like upgrading the I.E. 7 browser that I have now, to the I.E. 8 browser when the I.E. 8 browser upgrade prompt shows up