xisto Community
grim reaper1666

Robots And Love in the 2050 this is supposed to posible

i found this searching on google for the year 2050.

Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows. "My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots," artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience. Levy recently completed his Ph.D. work on the subject of human-robot relationships, covering many of the privileges and practices that generally come with marriage as well as outside of it. At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, "but once you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot, and it was great!' appear someplace like Cosmo magazine, I'd expect many people to jump on the bandwagon," Levy said. Pygmalion to Roomba The idea of romance between humanity and our artistic and/or mechanical creations dates back to ancient times, with the Greek myth of the sculptor Pygmalion falling in love with the ivory statue he made named Galatea, to which the goddess Venus eventually granted life. This notion persists in modern times. Not only has science fiction explored this idea, but 40 years ago, scientists noticed that students at times became unusually attracted to ELIZA, a computer program designed to ask questions and mimic a psychotherapist. "There's a trend of robots becoming more human-like in appearance and coming more in contact with humans," Levy said. "At first robots were used impersonally, in factories where they helped build automobiles, for instance. Then they were used in offices to deliver mail, or to show visitors around museums, or in homes as vacuum cleaners, such as with the Roomba. Now you have robot toys, like Sony's Aibo robot dog, or Tickle Me Elmos, or digital pets like Tamagotchis." In his thesis, "Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners," Levy conjectures that robots will become so human-like in appearance, function and personality that many people will fall in love with them, have sex with them and even marry them. "It may sound a little weird, but it isn't," Levy said. "Love and sex with robots are inevitable." Sex in 5 years Levy argues that psychologists have identified roughly a dozen basic reasons why people fall in love, "and almost all of them could apply to human-robot relationships. For instance, one thing that prompts people to fall in love are similarities in personality and knowledge, and all of this is programmable. Another reason people are more likely to fall in love is if they know the other person likes them, and that's programmable too." In 2006, Henrik Christensen, founder of the European Robotics Research Network, predicted that people will be having sex with robots within five years, and Levy thinks that's quite likely. There are companies that already sell realistic sex dolls, "and it's just a matter of adding some electronics to them to add some vibration," he said, or endowing the robots with a few audio responses. "That's fairly primitive in terms of robotics, but the technology is already there." As software becomes more advanced and the relationship between humans and robots becomes more personal, marriage could result. "One hundred years ago, interracial marriage and same-sex marriages were illegal in the United States. Interracial marriage has been legal now for 50 years, and same-sex marriage is legal in some parts of the states," Levy said. "There has been this trend in marriage where each partner gets to make their own choice of who they want to be with." "The question is not if this will happen, but when," Levy said. "I am convinced the answer is much earlier than you think." When and where it'll happen Levy predicts Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize human-robot marriage. "Massachusetts is more liberal than most other jurisdictions in the United States and has been at the forefront of same-sex marriage," Levy said. "There's also a lot of high-tech research there at places like MIT." Although roboticist Ronald Arkin at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta does not think human-robot marriages will be legal anywhere by 2050, "anything's possible. And just because it's not legal doesn't mean people won't try it," he told LiveScience. "Humans are very unusual creatures," Arkin said. "If you ask me if every human will want to marry a robot, my answer is probably not. But will there be a subset of people? There are people ready right now to marry sex toys." The main benefit of human-robot marriage could be to make people who otherwise could not get married happier, "people who find it hard to form relationships, because they are extremely shy, or have psychological problems, or are just plain ugly or have unpleasant personalities," Levy said. "Of course, such people who completely give up the idea of forming relationships with other people are going to be few and far between, but they will be out there." Ethical questions The possibility of sex with robots could prove a mixed bag for humanity. For instance, robot sex could provide an outlet for criminal sexual urges. "If you have pedophiles and you let them use a robotic child, will that reduce the incidence of them abusing real children, or will it increase it?" Arkin asked. "I don't think anyone has the answers for that yet—that's where future research needs to be done." Keeping a robot for sex could reduce human prostitution and the problems that come with it. However, "in a marriage or other relationship, one partner could be jealous or consider it infidelity if the other used a robot," Levy said. "But who knows, maybe some other relationships could welcome a robot. Instead of a woman saying, 'Darling, not tonight, I have a headache,' you could get 'Darling, I have a headache, why not use your robot?'" Arkin noted that "if we allow robots to become a part of everyday life and bond with them, we'll have to ask questions about what's going to happen to our social fabric. How will they change humanity and civilization? I don't have any answers, but I think it's something we need to study. There's a real potential for intimacy here, where humans become psychologically and emotionally attached to these devices in ways we wouldn't to a vibrator." Levy is currently writing a paper on the ethical treatment of robots. When it comes to sex and love with robots, "the ethical issues on how to treat them are something we'll have to consider very seriously, and they're very complicated issues," Levy said.

what are they going to think of next?
Next they are going to say in the year 2100 dogs will marry cats and apes solve complex equations.
Edited by grim reaper1666 (see edit history)

The world will be crazy when this happens. But yea people are saying things will happen all the time.It doesn't mean the will come true, people thought we would be in hover cars by now or colonizing other worlds.So don't believe it just because somebody says it will happen.

Some people might want it,people that are not wanted in our society or very fat people...It would not be the same marrying robot and real girl...Some of us think of marriage as an quest,or problem you have to deal with...If you change that,getting married loses sense,and people don't want that,They want a challenge...Thanks...Eggie

I personally believe, that in the future people might want to marry robots, as Today guys wants to be married, so what is the meaning of marriage anyway? It depends if you're religious or not?Today robots are created as sex dolls, as I understand it's because everyone see potential in it to make money, it's a big business I guess, as a lot of lonely man might want to buy these robots and in like 50 years they even might want to marry them.People are getting crazy these days, so I would be amazed if that would happen. I just hope that those robots will have a gender ;)

I do not believe that robots and humans will ever marry each other. It is not normal. Robots can not have feelings built into them because it is impossible. They can be built to look like a human, talk somewhat like one, but they do not have the traits of a human. Humans can touch, feel, etc. If a robot steps on a needle, it doesn't yelp. I doubt that it will do anything. The robot can be programmed to say something after an event has happened but that would make the robot fake. I doubt that robots will ever be able to love anyone and I doubt that they ever will be able to. They can say affectionate things like "I love you" but it does not have the same effect that a human saying it would. The only people marrying robots would probably be loners who can't find anyone to love. I do agree that robots can be used for pleasure however. There are many robots existing today that already do this. I just don't think that robots and humans will ever be able to fall for each other.

I studied artificial intelligence for some time now and I can add that robots can see, hear, touch, smell and taste (maybe even feel).. etc. it's all theoretically possible, even though might be basic, but possible, the only thing a robot cannot have is a soul like a human which we think we have, also robots don't have an intuition and as we don't really understand how our intuition work, it's hard to tell if a robot can have one.For example, you all know those robots playing chess, they seem to be able to count millions of movements forward, but some human chess players as I know using their experience and intuition by just eliminating needless moves can win chess. By playing chess we don't count millions of operations of moves, but usually we use our intuition, and thats usually quite amazing, even though our brain is also amazing ;D

This is just weird.... why would you want to marry somebody that isn't technically real? This kind of reminds me of Spongebon. Plankton, the evil villain, is married to a nagging computer. The funny thing is, they always argue and it's easily seen that Plankton married her because there was nobody else for him to marry. This kind of leads me to suspect that people who are going to marry robots are people are aren't able to find anybody else to marry...

Posted Image

My first point is there is no such thing as a truly undesirable individual. No matter how ugly, fat, or insert assumed defect here, there will always be someone out there that will love you and think you are the most beautiful person alive. I believe that the reason many of the above people can’t find a mate is their own lack of self confidence. Not to get too graphic here, but if you have been on the Internet for more than 10 seconds then you will get the idea there are some “interesting” fetishes out there. If you look long enough and are comfortable with who you are then you should have no problem finding a meaningful and long lasting relationship. The problem is that people (all people) are insecure about who or what they are and are afraid to open up and accept that another person could ever love them. This results in low self esteem that naturally squashes inter-personal relationships that could become intimate relationships.The second point is that I don’t believe a robot could ever fulfill the fully dynamic relationship of a human husband or wife. Of course you might marry a robot and be happy for a little while but it will be more of lust than love. What happens when you need more than someone to have sex with, cook your dinner, or clean the house? (Although it would be great if a real wife would do this, kinda makes me want a robot.) Here are a few examples: • Children. Not everyone wants children but human women are biologically programmed to want children. There may be exceptions but I feel that they are very few and far between. Having your wife drag you to the baby store just to look or cry when she doesn’t become pregnant are not the best things to have happen to you but none the less are experience that you would not have with a robot. • Will your robot partner grow old with you?• Fighting. Well this might seem like a pro and not a con but fighting can bring a couple closer together when the dust settles. Many fights come about when the needs (or perceived needs) of one partner are not being met. Perhaps the wife wants a $150 hair cut and you say that we don’t have the money. There is a possibility that a fight will ensue which will require a heated discussion and eventually a compromise by both parties. This makes you grow as an individual and perhaps not be so selfish the next time. After all it did come out that we had the money, it was just being stored in the computer fund. A robot can fight back a little, perhaps that upgrade that you promised her, but in the end she is going to cave to you and you get your way because she is programmed that way. This makes your robot like a Russian mail order bride that may fight but at the end of the day you are master and she ends up with the table scraps. The only advantage to the robot in this case is that you will not wake up with a steak knife in your chest or important body parts missing in the middle of the night.• In-laws. This may also be s sore subject but I personally like my in-laws. If your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and needs a new $3000 transmission, are you going to call the robot manufacturer and ask for a loan to get you by?• Religion. With most people considering themselves at least somewhat religious, how will your robot mate make it to the afterlife? This also dives into morals and strong personal beliefs. Your real human wife had a dog that she absolutely loved when she was in elementary school. As a result of that, she now regularly volunteers at the animal shelter and gives copious amounts of your (our) money to feed abandoned flea infested fur bags at the pound (I didn’t have a dog that I liked growing up). Does the robot have the same childhood memories or strong feelings about dogs? What does your robot wife think about abortion, gun crimes, or is she a Democrat or Republican? These things can be perhaps programmed but you will be the one choosing the program so it will be far from a surprising on the first date.• A need to know that someone really cares and it’s not just programming. What happens when a parent dies and you need someone to cry to?These are just a few examples why robot marriages will not become main stream even in a few hundred years. Not to say they will not happen, just that normal well balanced individuals will not even consider the option. The fist robot marriage will most likely be a publicity stunt for fame and fortune. Just like celebrity marriages, it will be lucky to last more than six months. After all, Dennis Rodman married himself.If you have been married for more than six months then you will soon realize that marriage is much more than sex. The so called bad stuff means as much if not more than the good stuff. A robot no matter how well programmed, will never replace the common human marriage.

It´s possible that in the future a lot of people want to marry with robots but think in legalize this maybe is a little exagerated. This is a business so why not? A lot of mans have needs with the love and maybe they feel alone and can´t socialize with the women and if they have the enough money to buy a robot and marry with it they are free to do it. The dolls that a lot of men use to satisfy sexually is not a crime and it´s allowed. Why? Because there are a lot of men that want sex quickly and need to be with someone and don´t have the time or the skills to go to a bar and talk with a woman and start the reproduction process. This is typical for all those men that are nerds or are crazy. Sorry nerds but my recomendation is dont fall in this, wait, being nerd or not you will get a woman in the future that always happen be you ugly or pretty. So if there are a plesbicist for this and want to vote to favor to all that men that will be happy with a robot like wife. Another thing is that women need this too. The dildos are sold like hot bread. But maybe the women are more reserved and usually don´t fall in these practices, maybe pay to a man but that is all. So my opinion is that the men are free to choose if they want to pass the rest of their lives with a real human or with a machine. Why in Masachussets? The gay cases don´t have anything here. I think that althougth Masachussets was the first state in legalize the gay matrimony and since that sucess the world is opening a lot of legislations to favor gay like in Mexico and Argentina for example. So the future is there at least that 2012 is the end of world or something like that.

it would depend weather a robot could feel and give pleasure. this may be my dirty thought but maybe someday robots will be like flesh lights. so that they can give you pleasure but do more than a meer flesh light they would be able to feel full pleasures as well and it would make the experience more enjoyable. people would come to accept it but i don't not think it will happen in 2050 is just wild crackpots imagination running wild sure people would use them for pleasure purposes but not full marriage they would be crazy if they did that.

Well, in lets say years 1400 or 1800 no one I think could even think about gay official marriages, but Today it's happening officially in a lot of countries/states of the world, even though the religion doesn't accept this..So I would be surprised if people would want to marry a robot and maybe even fight for their rights to marry one, even though it sounds stupid, but it's happening and personally I think it's bad, due to marriage becomes something what it isn't or what it wasn't meant for.. Today everyone can marry and divorce, marry again and divorce, as it would be a game.

As far as humans are concerned we can think of their love to robots because they have this capability to develop love for something or I should say that God has gifted humans with this beautiful feeling but robots are mere machines my friends. They can only do what they are coded for no more than this. If you want robots to show love for you you will have to code them to show love and this is contrary to the definition of the feeling of love because it wont be love but just their obedience to our commands.