xisto Community
Wiizzard

Google Chromeos Goggles own OS

Working beta versions of Google's Chrome OS are already available on the Internet as we speak. If you want to try it out as a virtual machine using VMware Player, you can get a virtual machine image of Chrome OS at: https://www.engadget.com/google/chrome-os/download/

On the operating system itself, Google Chrome OS is a new and interesting concept in the field of cloud computing. Having used it once, I do have a preference to using a operating system that reads and writes to a local physical storage device instead of simply storing files in the cloud. I'm not against cloud computing though, as I have used services such as Dropbox and Live Mesh to backup my essential documents and other files onto the Internet as a separate backup option to backing up to an external storage device e,g, USb memory stick or external hard disk. it is just that cloud computing has not matured yet to become a fully reliable and usuable desktop alternative, especially in areas when processor intenstive applications are need.

What can i say about this browser? It's the perfect browser that anyone can imagine!I've noticed that is using very small resources when is started and it's so compactibile to use.Also i've noticed that on the start it's giving you the last web sites you have left on. Small detail but the small details make me happy! ;) Atomic0, thanks for the download link of the browser, it's handy for the users on this forum. ;) Greetings

I have seen that there are some VMware and VirtualBox images of the OS assailable. I'm not sure linking to that is in forum terms or not. If i'm allowed to post then i can redirect to those pages. In between thanks atomic for the link.