xisto Community
Inspiron

Dell Or Hp ? Which is the best computer brand you prefer ?

Which is the best computer brand you prefer ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Dell is the better to go for in the past serveral years HP try to improve on their product line but still not good enough in term of service when compare to Dell.

I have a hp laptop and i'm pretty satisfied with it... though dell has too a good reputation, but i have to follow and choose accordingly to what i experience so... HP all tha way :)

I dont really care - so long as it does what I want it to do efficiantly, that's fine by me. Have a Dell myself, however - company deal. The only thing I am a bit annoyed about is the graphics card, though it is a rather old model, 510m laptop. If I ever actually buy my own computer I think it will be an Acer - they have a good reputation and from what I have seen make pretty powerful laptops.

I think dells are better. I have one, and it is easy to upgrade. My friend has an HP and it is very hard to upgrade. They have a big plastic piece that holds the drive bays and is difficult to get off, you pretty much have to break it.

The family computer is a Dell desktop. I have a Compaq laptop (subsidiary of HP and all that).I can't say with any certainty that I prefer one over the other. I obviously use my laptop almost exclusively because, hey, it's mine. But the Dell is hardly a bad computer.If you're looking for a solid, workhorse type of computer, then you should go with Dell. They're very affordable. And they can in fact be upgraded. Even people who don't know how to figure out if new hardware is compatible can find out. Just go to Dell's Web site and enter a service code number (it's on the side of your case). You can order directly through Dell. Compaq isn't bad either, though. I've had this laptop for nearly two years now and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever (knock on wood). But when I have to get myself a new computer, I'm getting a Dell desktop. I don't need the laptop anymore (when I got it, I moved frequently - from my on campus housing to back home to back on campus, et cetera). Being mobile just isn't high on my list of priorities anymore.

it doesn't seem to me that there are any benefits to having a desktop. Some of them are more powerful, but there is really nothing about desktops that I find superior to laptops. About dell vs, HP, I'd say it's more the induvidual machine that counts, not the manufactorer. For reliability, I would probably go with HP, but then I have never had one, so I can't say much on that front. I like the bois settings tool in the dells...

Between HP and Dell, I'll go for HP. Reason is becuz I'm a brand concious person and I think HP is more branded than Dell :lol:However, I will not buy any of them. Lenovo or self-assembled comp still rox!!

I've never had an HP, but I don't mind the Dell computer that I bought. It seems to be good and have worked well for me so far anyway. The only think I don't like is the soundcard thingie that they gave me, but I could probably get that replaced for a better one if I wasn't so lazy lol

I went to HP on work experience last year, although my grandad bought a dell pc and had a problem and their after sells service is pretty good so will have to say DELL

I really like HP better because they seem to have good prices for what they offer. Maybe they dont have a computer as powerful as dells computers but they appear to have more quality. I have a friend who bought a dell and his soundcard stopped working right after his warranty expired, so he had to get a pcmcia sound card in order to get sound from his computer, the bad thing was that he couldnt use his laptop speakers anymore. I bought my HP laptop around the same time he did, and mine is still as good as new though it never was because it was refurbished, right now he has another laptop and mine is almost as good as his. I really like the design on the new Hp laptops, the DV series, I would love to buy a Dv9000 with dual hard drives. That would rock.!

Dell seems to be brand chosen for many educational institutions down here, I dont mind dell, although I hadnt really used HP branded PCs and/or laptops to really comment on which is the best. So for now I'll just have to go with Dell if it was out of the 2. Although I dont mind the ASUS laptop i got ATM :unsure:

well, i am using the dell e1505 right now and i couldnt ask for a better laptop i would go with dell..."Dude... Your Getting a Dell!" - and plus they have a cool slogan..

HP is the lesser of the two poor evils. I personally prefer IBM to any lower end computer manufacturer.All I know is I absolutely dispise dell. Their computers waste electricity with all those wasteful LEDs decorating the computers to make them look like UFOs. Their customer service sucks. In addition their computers are of shoddy quality - I've never had any trouble running Linux until I installed it on a Dell.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)