xisto Community
TavoxPeru

A Simple Guide For Achieving Top Rankings

A Simple Guide For Achieving Top Rankings in the Search Engines - Even if You Are a Complete Newbie By Darren Chow is an excellent article that i just read which covers the following topics:

Choosing Your Target Keyword Phrase: Use around three to four keywords and use keyword research tools but dont abuse them, and choose keywords with a fair amount of competition.

Setting Up a Search Engine Friendly Website: Suggest to use any content management system like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and DotNetNuke, because they are SEO friendly, but if you want to do it manually don't forget to use your target keyword phrases in the title tags, keyword and description META tags of your pages, additionally remember to use a search engine friendly file name such as "your-keyword-phrase.html".

Link Building with Articles: Explains some information related to how to build back links to your site focused on the Article marketing method, why One way back links from authority sites and relevant web pages are so important, and why your pages must contain relevant content including the correct use of the Anchor text of your links.

What to Expect After Your Articles Have Been Published: don't expect to see your site on the first search result page immediately, takes from four to six weeks to appear in the search index, the goal is to appear on page 1.

Visit A Simple Guide For Achieving Top Rankings in the Search Engines - Even if You Are a Complete Newbie to read the full article.

Best regards,

Tavox, thanks again for the great summary. These days I have visited some forums and read many articles about seo. I am not even a small seo expert either. But I think I should also share some tips here I have learned so far. As for choosing Your Target Keyword Phrase, I think at first we don't have to choose those hot ones, which just bring you nowhere by doing so and really discourage you to move on. So be careful to choose your keywords. Of course it would be great if you have found those unique keywords about your niche which is not so hot but still bring you great traffic. My tips, if not in this case, choose long tails keywords. You can still get some share traffic it bring to you while give some boost to the main keywords in the long run. Seo is a long-term business, hopefully everyone here can get their pages to the first page of main search engines through hard work.

Tavox, thanks again for the great summary. These days I have visited some forums and read many articles about seo. I am not even a small seo expert either. But I think I should also share some tips here I have learned so far.
As for choosing Your Target Keyword Phrase, I think at first we don't have to choose those hot ones, which just bring you nowhere by doing so and really discourage you to move on. So be careful to choose your keywords. Of course it would be great if you have found those unique keywords about your niche which is not so hot but still bring you great traffic. My tips, if not in this case, choose long tails keywords. You can still get some share traffic it bring to you while give some boost to the main keywords in the long run.

Seo is a long-term business, hopefully everyone here can get their pages to the first page of main search engines through hard work.

You are welcome and thanks for share your tips too.

Now relating the target keyword phrase, i agree with you, this task is very important and must be done very carefully, and also with a long term consideration, because it will not work at first glance like many people think.

Also, the long tails keywords you suggest work well -i use them in the past- as wrong or misspelled keywords, but, one more time, do not abuse.

Best regards,

Wrong or misspelled keywords, but, one more time, do not abuse.---I have to admit that it never occur to me before. Maybe I just need to give it a shot later on. Comparing with other forums, I notice that guys here seldom talk about seo techniques. As far as I known, seo plays a very important part as web promoting. These days I am crazy about seo and really want to learn more by communication.

I notice that guys here seldom talk about seo techniques. As far as I known, seo plays a very important part as web promoting. These days I am crazy about seo and really want to learn more by communication.

That's because most if not all SEO techniques just do not work and are not worth the time and effort to implement. The only people who benifit from seo are those who run the programs or those who are selling software to gullible web site owners who think that a few clicks and a mass of link backs are going to somehow give you a number 1 google rank.

Traffic is everything, the more traffic you have the better your rankings will be and anyone who tells you different is only peddling snake oil. How to gain traffic to your website, how to market successfully, understanding who your target audience is and providing them a service that suits their needs, are the things you should worry about doing and doing right, as well as having content that is useful.

So, in summery, there are no short cuts, SEO is not a quick fix, its is not the answer to success, it will not get you more traffic, search engines are smart to the latest fads and adjust their algorithms accordingly to not weight things that people are trying to exploit. Understanding the market, who your target audience is, providing quality content and using marketing techniques designed to reach your audience, will in the long run bring you traffic and with traffic comes better rankings.

HI the_fury, thanks for taking time to reply my curiosity. Obviously you do not buy those seo technique at all since you are saying seo is only peddling snake oil. From my experience, 80% of my traffic from organic search. I am against that Traffic is everything, the more traffic you have the better your rankings will be. But how we let the our name out, I am afraid the the search engine will be the right answer to targeted audience. Also I have used some social site to bring traffic but seemingly they do boost traffic significantly but later on I found that it is not the real prospects we need. Only clicks from search engine have high conversion rate because they are more focused and with target to search. So here comes the question, traffic and rank, which comes first? Just like What came first, the chicken or the egg? Yes content is king, but how we can let our name to be found easily and quickly? I still believe seo is the right answer to the question. yes this also true that search engines are smart to the latest fads and adjust their algorithms accordingly to not weight things that people are trying to exploit. On contrary this is showing how important seo technique playing the role. Finally The_Fury, could you share with me what marketing techniques, which designed to reach your audience, you are using. Thank you in advance!

Maybe you must read my post about HTML code and how to use some tips to increase your ranking in search engines.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/97276-topic/?findpost=1064403859

But your information is excellent. Thank you very much.

Ah based in my experience use some SEO softwares damage your ranking and more if you use the Google Api Key so be careful and avoid to be banned.

Keywords are just to keep yourself into search engine radar. Too much of keyword play could be hurting. It's better to work on content and making content authority so that search engine can index and rate higher.

Keywords, which is a part of "on page optimization" do play some role in deciding the niche of the website and the search terms for which the website should be displayed in results but they are not the main factor. I am stating this through my experience on the internet. Very often, I find good pages that are better optimized for speicific keywords to rank lower than those which do not have good keyword usage. The reason, according to my assessment is that "off page optimization" part of SEO is much more important that on-page optimization. If the off-page optimization is done brilliantly, then even low quality pages can be made to rank higher.That is why most experts say that for success, you should design the webpage not for the search engines but for users (which will definitely save a lot of time and effort and also the page will look appealing to visitiors) to achieve higher search engine results (the actual part of success) webmaster's should spend more and more time on off-page optimization, the main part of which is link building.What I want to say is that even if the usage of keyword is not awesome, you can still rank higher if you build backlinks properly. So instead of wasting time on checking keyword densities and which keywords to use, we should spend time on selecting anchor texts for backlinks and building more backlinks.