xisto Community
clagnol

How Explicit Can I Be? Are adult themes permitted in this forum?

I was considering submitting some of my creative writing to this forum, but it tends to contain adult themes, naughty words, etcetera. I saw that one guy used "bleep" in his song to mask curse words, but I would never censor my own art. So, am I able to express myself here freely? Or do restrictions apply?

Well if you were to use curse words...I would prevent myself from using certain words at all cost...besides there are many young folks in this forum, I don't think it would be appropriate. If you have any content that is suitable for all audiences, why not just start with them first!Btw, if you don't have any suitable content, then you're SICK. Trust me, I am fluent in poetry and I like to write alot, and I have some adult themed poems and lyrics, but I also have appropriate lyrics too. I don't think what you want to put on here would flow too well with the admins so think twice before you post.

I'm a fairly curious- Relating to the above post what is the average age of users on trap 17? I think there has been a poll sometime in the past but I can't remember. I'm assuming that the average age is fairly young, an assumption I make by observing some of the forum topics and posts. I'm 21, turning 22 in August though so I suppose it's a fairly biast opinion- It would be cool if there was like a 20+ section though where we could actually chat about some meaningful topics- Like the recent death of Pop John Paul II- massive headlines around the world yet no topic of Xisto.

Trap17 has had some more "explict" topics that have been discussed about, such as:

-10 Year Old Girl Raped
-Thai Food And Cannibalism
- Cyber Sex

Therefore, yes, it is allowed, but not to the extent that even an adult would be offended by the content. Also, you would have to place a little "warning sentence" before you post the content, so minors would be aware of it.

edit: a final note, if the content is *really* explict, then you would have to say that in the topic description area. (i.e. - explict content - no minors). Otherwise, I wouldn't even post it.

-whyme

Edited by whyme (see edit history)

Thank you, whyme. Your response was very helpful.