xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snlildude87

How To Create Virtual Drives A complete guide on how to create virtual drives

How to get rid of the drive?

How To Create Virtual Drives

How do you get rid of this drive if it is not needed?

-reply by Demha

This is a great tutorial. It is kind of old though, but still a great tutorial. You also can set up an icon system that can create a virtual drive, run a program, then delete the virtual drive through MS-DOS commands. I might post a tutorial on it.

i have managed to create a virtual drive ......easy procedure....but i have a problem...i am not able to rename the drivei want to rename it as "downloads"...but it shows the name of the drive where the folder of the virtual drive exists...The folder was present in games drive...and i have created a virtual drive with the folder. The problem is ..the name of the new virtual drive is also "Games"...even if i have renamed it many times to something else..........

Little Help

Will this work on windows xp?

When I tried to save my text document as "c:autoexec.Bat" [without quotations] it said I couldn't have :'s or 's in my file name. Will this affect the working of this virtual drive???

Btw, nice tutorial. Easy to follow and quite explanatory. Thanks.

-question by Sir PooFace

Questions/suggestions

Replying to coolcat50

****The following are suggestions made by an unprofessional and should not be considered official.

--you can save the notepad as any file name as long as it has the .Bat

--If you find the registry thing to complicated you can out it in start up folder: C:Documents and SettingsJonMichaelStart MenuProgramsStartup

-feedback by Coolness

I did this, but I need to know how to use the virtual drive to read image files. How To Create Virtual Drives

Do I need to download software to use the virtual drive to read image files?

Answer: Yes, you need to install a software that will setup a Virtual Drive on your PC. Then your virtual CD-Images are inserted virtually in this virtual drive to give you the effect of an real CD inside a real drive.

The method is really great...But there is a thing which is more nicer then the tut, n that is his desktop theme........Can you please name the theme n location from where 2 download it.

This is an awesome tutorial. I did not even know that it was possible to create virtual drives without a special program. I've always used Daemon Tools for that.Thanks for the insider's look. I will still be using D-Tools but regardless, this helps understand the process it goes through much better.In terms of the folders, wouldn't it just be easier(if you just want easy access to said folders) to just add a shortcut to them on the desktop or something?

Partition on pen driveHow To Create Virtual Drives

hi please tell me how to create two or more partition on single pen drive...

Rajendra Singh

JECRC, Jaipur(INDIA)

Having Problem with a Virtual DriveHow To Create Virtual Drives

I've created a virtual drive D:, CD was changed earlier to drive E. If I insert a thumb drive, XP doesn't recognize the thumb drive.  On removing the thumb drive, the Virtual D: drive disappears.  Attaching the thumb drive a 2nd time, the D: drive shows back up, however the thumb drive is not availableAnyone have any ideas?

how can i get into regedit if my run box failsHow To Create Virtual DrivesHow can I get into regedit if my run box fails each time I do the computer tells me it cant find the file but I already created the drive..??-reply by phil

Well this question os for internet newbies. The best way to create virtual drives is using the Daemon Tools software where you can create virtual Cd-ROM drives and DVD-ROM drives like these really exist.To download the Daemon Tools software I recommend you to go to Softonic and download the software from there. Then install the software and start to create virtual drives all that you want.I dont know about another software or tool but don?t lose your time Daemon Tools is the best that you will find.