xisto Community
Mordent

Internet Explorer Security Issue

Not sure how serious or relevant this is yet, as I just got told about it over the phone by my technically incompetent sister, but apparently there's something up with...you guessed it, Microsoft. Apparently Internet Explorer has some pretty heft security holes or somesuch. As I don't use IE I'm not really looking in to it, but to anyone out there who does and wants to let others know, have a look here to start.

Amazingly, this doesn't really surprise me...

Just like every other programs that contain code, they all are subject to vulnerabilities that expose the victim to hackers over the Internet.

I tend to use Internet Explorer anymore, after it bugged out on me too many times. I have since moved to Firefox which, although has various vulnerabilities in the past, is more stable and secure for me to use.

Security vulnerabilities don't surprise me either because they are found all of the time in different applications. If you interested in learning of the security vulnerabilities that exist, you may want to take a look at Secunia.com

Link: http://secunia.com/

Secunia is indeed a very good source, they keep track of how many unpatched holes there are and how severe the flaws are.

They aren't Godlike programmers/hackers so don't expect them to know every security problem, but the provide a good indication

//edit: here's the link to the IE security vulnerability report: http://secunia.com/community/

Edited by wutske (see edit history)

I love this sentence in the Evenintg Standard mentionned article :

Today computer security firms advised users to switch to a rival browser until the bug is fixed

Finding a security hole in IE6 does not mean that this hole is not in Mozilla or in Chrome or in Safari...