xisto Community
Animator

Mmmm - Blueness! A couple of teething problems with new forum upgrade

Still making up my mind about the changes... Have spotted a few minor issues...

It's hard to find my way around the navigation. If I go into my messages (outbox, inbox etc) how do I get back into the forum? The (select forum) "go" button at the bottom links me to a 404. (actually, it does this if "forum home" is selected... but then, this is the default)

I wanna see how bankrupt I am. Where are the mypoints / mycents etc?

Dammit - I made my sig for the previous colours... can we please restore the default scheme? (The new one hurts eyes)

Edited by Lancer (see edit history)

to see how much myCENTS you have, just look at topic and at your post of some kind of and in bottom of the avatar you can look at your Earnings when you click on "[show member info]" :rolleyes:I never looked anywhere else though :PI'm getting used to this new theme, quite nice, maybe different minor problems can be fixed and it will be even better :P

Thanks.Remade my sig for this colour (other one was probably a tad biggish anyway), uploaded replacement avatar for last one which had disappeared....your own Avatar has soft transparency because it's a PNG... am I right in thinking it won't show in some browsers?

to see how much myCENTS you have, just look at topic and at your post of some kind of and in bottom of the avatar you can look at your Earnings when you click on "[show member info]" :P

Thanks a lot, I did not thess the "member Info" trick :rolleyes:And, aargh, my sig is horrible with this blue border (and please don't tell me it's also horrible with other borders).

Yeah, I've changed my signature too, because the white one wasn't so superb anymore, heh!Lancer, yeah it's a PNG file with transparency and it works on all browsers I know except for IE6, but some sites other transparency hacks for IE, but if it's on a forum, usually with IE it has an ugly black background.. Even though it depends what kind of transparency you're using, it only doesn't support alpha stuff, but there is more simpler transparency which works on IE6.. I never could find it on Windows, how to do it, but I did that with Deluxe paint on my old Amiga 1200, I could make one color transparent, don't know if it supported more than 256 colours :rolleyes: So I guess it's something like a transparent gif, which may look ugly.. But in most cases the avatar looks good on any background ;]

I haven't had a harder time navigating a forum before and this is the first time I'm frustrated at working with a forum. Although it kinda looks cool, it's massively inaccessible. Either it needs to be reverted back to the old one permanently, pull it down temporarily and fix it or apply Xisto's skin because the latter one works a lot better yet different from the default skin. At least that skin IS workable.

However, I do praise the use of AJAX/CSS but this skin is unusable, I'm actually more agitated with this skin than anyone who had a hissy-fit with the Facebook update >.<"!

xboxrulz

Hmm... I dunno Xisto's new skin was hot but now Xisto new skin is even hotter, I think I will leave trap for asta now because of the new skin :rolleyes:.

yeah, I agree this new skin for Xisto is cool, even though I was getting use to the blue one, which was quite interesting, but I guess this one is more professional for a hosting service :rolleyes:

The other skin had a darker color for the background and same for text background as well which put strain on eyes. This one is cooooooool.

Yeah - this colouring is much more sensible than the bright blue that was up this morning. Hope the Admin don't chance colours too often... I keep having to change my sig image to match each time.

The other skin had a darker color for the background and same for text background as well which put strain on eyes. This one is cooooooool.

I completely agree, I prefer the present skin, it's far cooler.

For those who miss the easily accessible new posts, you can use a javascript hack that I made back at Xisto to pop up the My Assistant panel and show you the newest posts.

Bookmark the following and click it to see the newest posts: (remove the space between java and script - it's some xss prevention or something)

java script:buddy_pop();xml_myassistant_init("posts");document.getElementById('get-myassistant').style.top=(389+document.body.scrollTop)+"px";void 0
Edited by Nabb (see edit history)