xisto Community
kanade

Which Is The Best Mobile Os?

Now development work is going on number of Mobile OS. Earlier Symbion & windows OS was the only preferred OS. Recently Google has released Andriods OS for Mobile and in short time it has gained lot of publicity. There are many other mobile OS now in market. Mobilinux is the one more interesting OS developed on free linux OS. Good application development work is going on this OS also.Which OS you prefer as a user and as Engineer??

You forget the mobile MacOS you find on the iPhones :rolleyes: .

Even tough I'm a linux user, I do prefer windows mobile on my mobile phone. Android is far from public release (it even doesn't run on mobile phones yet), openMoko is still in development too and most other mobile linux distribution are too buggy and lack support to be daily usable. It's great for development, but I don't want to have a mobile phone that crashes when I want to answer a call or check my mail ...

I prefer Windows mobile over Symbian because there are more (free) applications available for it and it offers more freedom when using it. Same goes for the mobile version of MacOS :P .

I do want to mention I have hardly any experience with anything other than windows mobile. Most other experiences are hands on (except maybe linux on my old iPaq h5550, it realy sucks)

The only one I prefer is Symbian OS, I've heard a lot of good things about it and as I know it's used in a lot of devices, on a lot of mobile phones, also I've read that it is very stable. :rolleyes:

i like windows mobile 5.0, add skyfire for your browser and tmpg for video i can even download torrents on my axim, although there is also xp embedded didnt get to play with it much more for micro pc's than phones or pda's

I have used Symbian OS on some of my friends' nokia mobiles and I myself use HTC's cheapest model P3400i with Windows Mobile 6. I prefer Windows because it seems to be a lot more customizable than Symbian and I can easily create my own applications for the .NET compact framework. HTC had recently introduced a model that supports Google's Android OS.

The topic is really old but I think the views of all the members who have posted above will be changed by now. In 2012, the only real mobile Operating systems are Android and iOS. Symbian is nearly dead and Windows phone is still a child. The other competitor in the market is Blackberry OS, which is struggling for its survival right now....Personally I am a big fan of the open-ness of android and I hope this OS grows to become the most successful OS for mobile phone devices.