xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Spam Issue

aren't most of that spam just bots? because I doubt somebody would do it manually every time, unless he doesn't know what to do..

Yes, the most are spam bots but also still there are people doing this manually.
Best regards,

We're right now working on a solution to combat this issue. The team at Xisto is very well aware of this (heck, just look at my post above). Xisto already implemented reCAPTCHA in their registration box. Hopefully that gets transitioned over to Xisto. If that doesn't do it then we're going to have to devise a new scheme to thwart these spam attacks.You can do your part in battling spam, if you see one, simply report it and moderators like me will take care of it as soon as possible. I'm usually on the board daily.Please bear with us and sorry for the inconvenience.xboxrulzP.S: I also had to delist my home server from my signature since my network has been almost constantly have attack attempts via SSH.

There seems to be people adding inappropriate images as part of their spam posts. Would there be any way to stop this?

We are working on the general spam problem. When a spam is removed, the associated images also disappear.

I suggest banning the ip of spammers, while they can still use fake ips or different computers or so,it would still make it harder for them. Or simply increase number of moderators and choose them so that at any time of the day there is one of them active to instantly detect spam and delete it.

There are also problems with banning IP. Remember, most ISPs around the globe prefer dynamic IP assigning. Thus, once we ban that IP, a legitimate user will no longer be able to access Xisto. It'll be ironic if we banned an IP that a moderator or admin got lol. Now, that's a catastrophe.xboxrulz

It'll be ironic if we banned an IP that a moderator or admin got lol. Now, that's a catastrophe.

The IP address is banned only for posting at Xisto.I guess that he will be able to submit a ticket at Xisto - Support in order to un-ban his IP address ? :rolleyes:
Or even a mail to support should work ?