xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic0

Email Server / Cpanel Problems

Currently, in the configure mail client section in the cPanel page, the following settings are listed:

Mail Server Username: charles+nxdev.com

Incoming Mail Server: mail.nxdev.com

Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) gamma.xisto.com

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.nxdev.com(server requires authentication) port 25

Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) gamma.xisto.com(server requires authentication) port 465

Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)

Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Unfortunately, I have found that most of these settings do not work. The following settings have instead worked for me:

Incoming Mail Server Username: charles(at)nxdev.com

Incoming Mail Server: mail.nxdev.com

Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) gamma.xisto.com

Outgoing Mail Server Username: nxdev

Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) gamma.xisto.com(server requires authentication) port 465

Note: @ is written as (at) for anti-spam purposes.

Firstly, if I log into the incoming mail server with the default 'nxdev' username into the incoming mail server, I find that none of the messages are downloaded from the server to the email client, as the emails for 'charles(at)nxdev.com' are stored in a separate folder not accessible by the mail client but accessible in the webmail (except RoundCube which doesn't seem to support the folder). So I did some testing and found that 'charles+nxdev' (the cPanel suggested username) didn't work but 'charles(at)nxdev.com' was a valid login username for the mail server.

Then for the outgoing mail server, neither 'charles(at)nxdev.com' nor 'charles+nxdev' (cPanel suggested) worked for sending an email through SMTP at all, resulting in a login failure each time. Then I tried the default 'nxdev' which worked well without any errors. Also, only the mail server 'gamma.xisto.com' worked and not the 'mail.nxdev.com'.

Is their currently problem with the configuration of the mail servers and with cPanel itself? Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by Atomic0 (see edit history)

In order for mail{dot}nxdev{dot}com to work, I believe you have to change at your domain name control panel. You have to change your MX records in order to use mail{dot]nxdev{dot}com. Otherwise you have to stick to gamma.xisto.com as your SMTP and POP3 server with proper ports. Sometimes editing your CNAME records can resolve the issue. But the detailed explanation should be from someone who truly knows our hosting situation, OpaQue or vujsa.Since the receiving is determined by your login name, you can use user{at}nxdev{com}. But SMTP goes through xisto's server and thus requires your main login name, which is nxdev{at}nxdev{dot}com. An alternative to trying above methods, you can leave it as default if you registered Xisto with your TLD (top level domain)INCOMING MAIL SERVER : mail.ABC.astahost.com [ where ABC is your subdomain name ]OUTGOING MAIL SERVER : mail.ABC.astahost.com [ where ABC is your subdomain name ]Outgoing PORT : 25Incoming PORT : 110USERNAME : THE-USERNAME-YOU-SET-UP-IN-CPANEL@ABC.astahost.com [ Setup mails in the ADD remove mails in Cpanel ]PASSWORD : [The password that you setup in Cpanel ]Use mail.YOURDOMAIN.com if you have hosted your domain with us.

C Panel Email Server / Cpanel Problems

Sorry for my English... Understand please.. I have problem in C Panel while sending mail... It is displaying SMTP 550 Error.. How can I fix the problem... I think it is server problem.. Please give me reply as soon as possible.. And another user at the same web site.. It has no problem. So please tell how can I solve this problem

-reply by jeevansyam