xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psp-playstation

How to gain more visitors ??

There are two ways:

1. The first way is only to be used if are ready to invest some cash. You should try to use pay-per-click. You can also get some coupons which gives you a certaing credit which can be used before you start paying. But you MUST NOT even try to keep reusing the coupons as the company may find out as they are able track your IP. You could also try seo. Seo may prove to be even better than pay-per-click advertising. Seo stands for search engine optimisation.

2. The second way can be used by anyone and it does not cost a cent. Try submitting your site to all the major search eninge. But it takes a while before the search engine will crawl on your whole site but if you want it to be faster try to create a map of your site first and then send it to the search engine. It really helps. It crawled my site by 4 days faster. But it also depends on how big your site is. You could also try to spread your website by the word of mouth but you would not cover *bottom* many people as the other ways. Thanks for reading.

These guys are telling ways to get advertising more or less, but they are leaving out the most important factor: Have quality information that keeps users coming back for more. If people are not interested in the site, they will jump on it and go right back off.You need to choose a theme people are interested in and then keep adding quality content to make it worth them visiting.Word of mouth is by far your best advertising method. That's how Facebook and Myspace both got popular. Until they were *huge* neither one of them did any type of advertising - it was solely by word-of-mouth.

I've found it a tedious task trying to get traffic.The search engines take months before they accept your site,and who really wants ugly reciprocal back links? I think the best cheapest way would be just posting your siteon relevant forums where people can see it.I wouldn't expect amazing traffic this way either. If you really wanttraffic then you must pay for it. Then I guess would be the task of hangingon to it.

I've found it a tedious task trying to get traffic.The search engines take months before they accept your site,
and who really wants ugly reciprocal back links?

I think the best cheapest way would be just posting your site
on relevant forums where people can see it.
I wouldn't expect amazing traffic this way either. If you really want
traffic then you must pay for it. Then I guess would be the task of hanging
on to it.

If you are good at what you do you can get your site ranked as #1 in Google absolutely free, within a couple weeks of starting it.

Paying for traffic is, at least to me, a scam. You can get better results with absolutely no cost.

Actually if you want to get lots and lots of visitors (for free), here are a few tips:1) Try and go to different web building communities, ones that are similar to Xisto, and post your website there and ask for their opinion. This helps a lot as people will not only visit your website, but will also give you feedback and comment on it, so you can improve it in the future, making more visitors come to your improved and therefore more enticing website.2) Go on the gaming communities, or any, for that matter, and under your profile where there should be your signature, put your website there. Meet lots of people and make a lot of friends, and you friends will almost definitely go to your profile and will be able to see the link. If it doesn't work, send them a mail and ask them to look at your site. They will of course, agree, and they might give you some feedback.3) Go to communities that are related to your site, and do the same... since it shares a common ground as it is on the same topic, they will be extra interested and might visit your site often, or even regularly.4) Send a mail to your real life friends, family, school/work. Of course, they will be interested in what you have done and what you can do, so they will click on it and give you some feedback. The bonus is, they will most likely look up to you and go "Wow! I never knew that person has a website on their own! I envy them!" and treat you as someone totally different. Your boss or teacher will probably be like... "Oh my god, I never knew I had such potential employees/students and might give you a promotion/certificate/award/praise and so forth.So there goes my four tips in getting traffic... I'm not worried about traffic at all, because I plan to send my website link to the whole school and certain communities once it's up.