xisto Community
phdex

What Is The Os Installed In Blackberries ?

Hello,I wonder what OS is installed in Blackberry? And is that OS can be uninstalled or changed? I mean I wish I could install linux on my blackberry 8820. I dont know if it is possible. Thank you.

Hello,As I looked at many places there is a way of hacking the blackberry but It's too dangerous. And I clearly not able to find the exact information about cracking it.. It better be unchanged anyway ;)thanx everybody

I installed os 6 to my blackberry bold 9700, and donât like it. How would I go about downgrading the software?

I don't see why you wouldn't like BlackBerry OS 6, but usually there is a limited number of versions you can downgrade to. Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and click the check device updates or however you got OS 6 to install and there should be like 2-3 versions you can downgrade to.
I almost accidentally wiped my berry when I was trying to upgrade/downgrade though last week, so always be sure to back up!

you can always try it out and hack/crack you're device and restore it after (that is if they have such facility)... in due time mobile devices will be OS independent... except for Apple hehe

I don't know if it's only apple. I have seen that Sony erricssons old models which were produced before 2011 are still not OS independent. You can't just run linux on them. I have tried to hack them but it just don't let it have that way. I guess maybe i am not following what needs to be done for the same. But i am interested in doing that soon.As for android based devices. It seems ubuntu is finding a way out of that and is going to be on desktop and mobile at the same time. I guess they found something related to android phones which allows them to use ubuntu over it. I see windows 7 phone having the same hack and showed on some tech news last year. I guess android makers are pretty relaxed about hardware hacking.I agree with you on apple bit. First of all person who invested much into apple hardware is not going to hack to install something on it. If he has enough money he is not going to do it without some mod or emulator. iOS is also unix or bsd based if i am not wrong. SO it should be possible to hack it but not sure if there are some people who are doing it online.

installing another OS on smart phones is still quite a mission let alone if possible... but in time smart mobile devices will eventually be like PCs - OS independent... by then we can install whatever mobile OS we like :)