xisto Community
jjkeenan

Need To Copy An Entire Site.. Help needed

I ran this electronic shop here in the City and I dont have internet connection so, it would be a problem for me to check out some of the ICs and Parts that I need for conversion. I found this site: http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/ and find it very usable. It contains a lot of part lists that I need but I couldn't just download part by part since it would take me a couple of years to do it..I have already tried a couple of softwares likeHTTrack Website - Did not download anything at allSite Ripper - Hang upIs there a nice freeware for this.. It would help me much.. thanks

I've used HTTrack many times in the past, and it's always worked for me. I think the problem here may be that it requires A LOT of configuration changes. My advice is that you should just take 10-15 minutes to read the manual/help file. I'm sorry I can't recommend any other applications because it's been so long since I used any, other than HTTrack itself.Good luck ;)

Thanks for the response. I got this 2 software software webreaper and backstreet browser which is too easy but there is another problem. I got this Error 403ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access to this document on this server.Does this mean that I am totally banned from browsing and downloading anything from this server. Is there anyway I could prevent this? Please please.

"This response is returned by the Apache web server when directory listings have been turned off. Microsoft IIS responds in the same way when Active Directory listings are denied."So just don't ask for */.

Error 403

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access to this document on this server.

A 403 Error means that the owner of the Website has prevented anyone from accessing this particular page or folder. Many website owners do this for security reasons, when the pages/folders contain private data. Also, there are some folders that a web-server will automatically prevent you from seeing, usually for the same reason.

Don't worry about it, you are not being specifically denied access ;). When you come across such an error, make sure that you find out how you can instruct the software you're using to simply bypass that page/folder. You'll probably find an Exclude option somewhere in the menus.

I also had trouble with httrack, seems that some webmasters found a way for protecting themselves agains full site download. Maybe, for the site you want to downlaod, if you have a legit reason for doing that, you could ask the site owner to send you a backup copy of his site ?

I suppose you are better off kindly asking for the data from the site owner, since he sort of owns the copyright to the data (unless it is some part number that is not covered). I am not sure whether the software stated above work well or not on dynamic database-driven sites.

Well it really isn't right to do so, but best to do would be to ask the owner him/herself. And it is not legitimate to copy a copyrighted site. If anything not the entire site especially. If you will, best to take the css and js, and surround it with YOUR ideas so that you may make exactly what you wish.But aside from this; httrack is the right way to do it.

But aside from this; httrack is the right way to do it.

Have a look at his original post : he already tried htttrack.

I have already tried a couple of softwares likeHTTrack Website - Did not download anything at all

This means that the site is poorly designed and cannot be downloaded, or the website designer smartly protected his site against full downloads by httrack.