xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gunbound

Terry Schiavo & The Pope... Dead And Dying What do you think?

Terry Schiavo just died, and at the time that I write this post, the Pope is on the verge of death.This topic is about Christianity and how so many Christians treat the topic of death.First of all, my point of view on this is that, particularly in the Schiavo case, it is being overblown. I was not personally against letting Terri Schiavo die. She was in a brain-dead state for fifteen years and I'm sure that like myself, most people couldn't honestly say that they would actually want to live that way. Some, with great hope, believed that she had a chance to come out of that state, but like the doctors I doubt that that was at all possible. What good is life if you don't even know you're alive?Why fear death? What's with this "right to life movement"? I think that the fight to preserve life has been greatly overblown. What seems to make even less sense to me is that Christians, of all people, are the ones who so greatly advocate the "right to life." Isn't it the Christian belief that we have heaven to look forward to? Sure it is, or at least generally. So why make such a big deal about a person dying? And of all cases to consider, Terri's seems to make the least sense. She was on a machine and couldn't survive without it or being fed by hand for many hours every day. Shouldn't a Christian think of it as the will of God, should this woman or any person die?And for the Pope, who's health I have been informed of for some time now, has been aided over and over again. Surgery, medicine, and much more. At least the Pope had a will to live and could say so. But if he's dying, why be sad? Tens of thousands of people are mourning because he is dying (and soon because he is dead). In this case I can at least see how the Pope is like a father to the Catholic people, which is worthy of mourning for as a loss. When he is dead, I think it should only make sense that people mourn for their own loss and not for his - because it won't have been a loss for him. Shouldn't those of faith believe that the Pope is in a better place after his death? According to the way that people reacted to Terri Schiavo, it seems that most will be sad because of death in itself, as so many seem to regard it as such a terrible thing.Death is nothing to be afraid of."I was, I am, I am not... I don't care." - Epicurus. Live happy and don't fear death.Comments welcome. Huge debate is not.

Well of course you don't want seeing someone you knew for years or to see a loved one go through all that torment, anguish, etc, and then have them keave you for some years. And for many, they can't be assured ofseeing that person again, unfortunately.

When that's true, that's true. What I mean is, if they know the person. Having watched the news, people could have seen that there were hundreds of people protesting against Terri Schiavo dying, and they were even crying about it, even though they have never even seen her before. The Pope is different because he's a religious leader...

Heres the thing about the schiavo people made a bigger deal then it needed be hell if i was like that take me outside and put a bullet in my head.But the pope is a different matter though i highly doubt no one will ever top him not even the next john paul the third if they go with the name forget the process just give him sainthood all ready i give him my vote and im not a catholic either.

I felt sorry for Terri Schiavo, but its hard to judge from my computer table about what is going on there. They are throwing brickbats at each other. Sometimes I felt her husband is a bit inhumane but sometimes I also think he has no other option. But there are many buts in his dealing with her as well... Looks like he's trying to hide something as well.... anyways I pray her soul to rest in peace... As for Pope, I think its time to move on and have a new Pope too. Even if he is cured and healed he won't be able to do his bits and will just suffer more. I wish he goes soon to Heaven without more suffering. I pray for his soul also to rest in peace... and I pray that a new Pope will be in place soon. I pray for that too.

I don't believe they should have killed Terry Schiavo..i think i spelled it right.. thats just not nice.. but ont he other hand they should have just let her die at the beginning instead of waiting so long. either let her die or let her live and not change their minds, playing with a preson like that. thats a very confusing story and it was all over the news..!!

Actually I think that her husband and her family members were neither wrong...They have their points... It's just the matter who wins..Medical bills are high so probably her husband won't want her to continue suffering and might as well end her life peacefully...?With her as a vegetable around might cause inconvience for the rest of her husband's life too, esp paying for a vegetable's medical bills...So probably that's her husband's piont of view...Or rather, her husband thinks about the future, and the family member thinks as a family member ... ?

That is true.For people so concerned about the afterlife and all it's benefits,us Christians put much more effort into not even trying to think about it.After all, I thought looking forward to an afterlife was a form of faith,and faith is whats we are supposed to have.Basically, the Pope has a job to do,and if he can't do this they should getanother one to do it. An ace for an Ace, a Spade for a spade right?Maybe theres Catholic complications that have to do with this, I don't know.