xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Merovingian

Google Chrome New google web browser

It's interesting that you say that Safari slowed down on you. Try to reset the browser. Also, note that Google Chrome uses the EXACT same engine Safari does.
I'm just waiting until they released a Mac and Linux version of the browser. Also, I'm waiting until they release the final version as well.

xboxrulz

Well, I guess I didn't really realize the speed until I come into work here and use this Safari browser.... I would think any kind of browser I use on these computers and this network would be slower than usual.

Sorry, it is very early here/ very late into the morning... and I was just rattling off the top of my head. I really don't seem to have any problems with Safari at home... So anything on this network would slow down....

- skedad -

That is very strange. I think I've had a single crash since I started using chrome, and I usually have about 20 tabs open with various sites using a wide range of technologies.

I also have a lot of tabs open and it doesnt show problems with those. I have freshly formatted and updated Windows Installed in the system, so there should be no OS related concerns. It seems that it has eaten a lot of memory when using it with sites that has flash on it. It is always the pages with flash got some problems. I have the same problems with firefox before when it was ver 1.5.xx

Flash may be a factor, did you have any Java applets loaded at the time? Java literally suspends the entire browser on my Windows Vista. The whole browser stopped responding, every tab. It was until I killed a few chrome.exe processes in Windows Task Manager to close the tab with the Java applet.

Weird, I almost wish I had some of these issues just to see whats up. I like breaking test software lol ;) But yea, personally it's been rock solid for me, there must be issues with version compatibilities between chrome/java/flash or something. As I mentioned, I'm running chrome on two different versions of windows, with two different versions of java and potentially different versions of flash (although thats less likely as both are probably the latest release) and have yet to see any problems that I wouldn't expect in firefox. Hopefully they iron it all out by the final release or even better just a new beta release.Oh, quick suggestion, I'm sure you likely have but make sure you have the most up-to-date release of chrome as that could help (In the "About Google Chrome" screen there is an auto update check/button in case you didn't know)

Since yesterday, when I registered in this forum I devide to try a new Brownser Chrome , I thought we should not test the browser or Google.On the one hand, seemed interesting, now that Google has shown when the subject is excellent for web applications; secondly, is it is worth testing the first beta of a browser? But finally I came to the conclusion that we should try it, yes.It was what I did.When the launch of a web browser appears in news, something that is at least "curious", is happening! ;) When you start Google Chrome for the first time, he explains on its system of "save" the sites more accessible for easy revisitação later; something inspired - not to say anything else - the Opera.This feature is really useful and the developers of Google Chrome did well to follow the good example of the Opera.Thx ... =)

I like it. It's noticably quicker than firefox on starting up. Firefox takes about 15 secs to start its so annoying. And Chrome when it starts has pictures of the sites you visit most often and you can just click on them. But I dont like the layout. There isnt a bookmark button or print button. You just click on this thing in the corner and it gives you some different things, very poorly organized.

I like it. It's noticably quicker than firefox on starting up. Firefox takes about 15 secs to start its so annoying. And Chrome when it starts has pictures of the sites you visit most often and you can just click on them. But I dont like the layout. There isnt a bookmark button or print button. You just click on this thing in the corner and it gives you some different things, very poorly organized.

Firefox should not take 15 seconds to boot, unless you have a large number of addons installed, or are trying to start it up while opening a heap of other programs. It is possible to prefetch Firefox to make it load faster.
As for print and bookmark buttons in Chrome, I would assume that these are omitted because it is much faster to hit ctrl-p or ctrl-d respectively. If you really need a print button, you could bookmark the following javascript snippet:
javascript:window.print()
and click on it when you want to print.

It's been a long time since I posted in here so I thought I would give an update.Chrome has completely taken over as my primary web browser. Things just feel snappier and smoother when I'm using it. I fully understand it has limits and firefox does some things better, but that isn't enough to change my opinion. When I'm using chrome it just feels like more things go more smoothly for me and I can put less effort into thinking about the browser and more into the actual browsing. Maybe it just hits all my personal marks for the GUI, or maybe it's just smoother overall. Who knows.My main concern currently is some of the webpages I develope for work don't format 100% properly in it because theya re quite complex web applications. But they are still far from unusable in it and the last update actually fixed alot of it so its on the right track. Otherwise most sites render fine for me still after considerable daily use so I have very few complaints with the browser as a whole.My only real hope so far is that they fix some of the zoom behaviour. I like browsing with my laptop extended out sometimes on my knees or whatnot making some sites hard to read so I flick the zoom up but in chrome they dont seem to zoom as nicely as in Opera for example. Not overly important but something I'm still hoping they update.Otherwise, chrome still gives me less headaches then other browsers do so it's currently my regular browser of choice.

Google Chrome didn't make much difference among my computer. The only difference between this and firefox is the clean look. Actually it looks to clean that its plain xD probably why it loads so much faster than firefox when the file is executed. However, I'll stick with the Firefox as I have heard some concerns with the Google Chrome that it doesn't load some pages properly. Well try it and see for yourself if its a better or recommended browser.