xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
boyCradle

Gmail's 1'st Year! more storage space

It is Gmail's first year, although they are still in Beta version, and they are giving us more storage space for our Gmails. On their "What's new" page it says that are giving another gigabyte to us and planning to go beyong that amount. although I only got 508 megabytes on my Gmail.

And they now have Rich text Formatting, which means we can now add colors to out texts, add bullets, as well as highlight words. but i still can't see the icons for that, they say that RTF is not available for the BASIS HTML view, but i am on the standard mode.

I can't edit my post so i will just post here.I have figured out now why my RTF icons are not in my compose mail page. We have to click the "Rich Formatting" below the Subject.and My total storage space is not 2GB yet because they are doing some sort of counting on the main page of Gmail on how much additional space they are giving to everyone of us evey second. :) I definitely love GMAIL!!

I think it would be slightly funny if this was just a big april fool's joke, but it probably isn't.  All you gmailers all happy and bragging... and BOOM!  there goes the pride.

67125[/snapback]

it is definitely not an april fool's day joke! go check your Gmail. :)

so, happy birthday google mail..but generally, the speed is seems slowly until get sign in page, than other webmail.thats why im very rare using my gmail :)

They ARE going to give us 2GB of space, HOWEVER, that counter on the main page, is an April Fool's Joke, just look at the VERY bottom of the page. I have more than 1 GB, but it's not quite 2 GB. I have about 1,682 MB of space.Oh, and if the Web Mail seems slow, why not change the view to standard HTML, then it may not load as slow.

Actually they are going beyond 2GB, Its over 2050 MB now...They have put up a counter on the main page that indicates the current available space and wud increase as more available space is there for allotment.... Nice thing google thought of releasing it on April 1st. This is another of their marketing strategy.... people wud just love to discuss whether this is a joke.... but no its April 2nd now and mine reads over 2GB.

so, happy birthday google mail..

but generally, the speed is seems slowly until get sign in page, than other webmail.

thats why im very rare using my gmail :)

67251[/snapback]

that is because they are giving the additional storage space per seconds.

I have more than 2GB now. 2051Mb so far and counting...

This is crazy...What's the point in having so much space? Just trying to beat the competition #_#I was going through my inbox today and I scrolled down to the bottom and BAM, 96 mb, 5% of space used...."WHOA" I went crazy. But not ecstatic crazy. Just weird crazy. I don't know how they fit so much space on their server thing =/

It is Gmail's first year, although they are still in Beta version, and they are giving us more storage space for our Gmails. On their "What's new" page it says that are giving another gigabyte to us and planning to go beyong that amount. although I only got 508 megabytes on my Gmail.

And they now have Rich text Formatting, which means we can now add colors to out texts, add bullets, as well as highlight words. but i still can't see the icons for that, they say that RTF is not available for the BASIS HTML view, but i am on the standard mode.

67124[/snapback]

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2051 MB.

WTF ^^^^^^

Used to say

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2051 MB.

WTF ^^^^^^

Used to say

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.

67545[/snapback]

Is GMail Still in BETA Version and not available to all of the public...if so, can you tell me when u think it will be available to the public? :o

Is GMail Still in BETA Version and not available to all of the public...if so, can you tell me when u think it will be available to the public? :o

128899[/snapback]

mmh the famous "When its done?" fits here. Google will release it once they think the time is right...