xisto Community
Mitch666Holland

Wamp Server Problems [solved]

Yes, as Fury told its the router's problem, it is blocking the IP address and shows 403 error. As told check the IP on proxy website or check from external source (other PC).

And to check if ports are forwarded use this website. To solve the problem of dynamic IP get no-ip subdomain and install their software to update the latest IP to the sub domain.

By the way I would like to ask a question. My router administration control panel doesn't allow to specify port forward on individual ports, there is only DMZ host, which opens all the ports. And I am too the in same problem, the router blocks the IP, so I have to use proxy website to check the website online. I have specified my internal static IP for the DMZ host. Since all ports are open, there is lot of risk of attacks. I am using good firewall. So are the firewalls enough or are there any other loop holes which DMZ leaves open?

The simplest solution would be to get a better router that will allow you to forward ports to a selected machine, by dmz'ing all ports, this leaves other machines open on your network, which is not really good practice, because the point here, is to only expose the bare minimum of your internal network, to the internet.

great help, thanks for sharingWamp Server Problems

Solved my problem!

Though I thought Skype had closed and it hadnt, so it never worked first attempt, make sure to go into task manager and kill the process for skype before restaring wamp

Thanks again

How to solve wampserver port problem in windows vista?Wamp Server Problems

Thanks to you all, I had same problem and it is solved.

either change your skype port which is accessable in:

or

in case of wamp:

C:wampbinapacheApache2.2.11

Server localhost : 80

Good Luck everyone! 

-reply by fahimshekaib

403 error forbiddenWamp Server Problems

Below is the error code I am getting when trying to access my website, I have windows vista, I have port 80 opened and  in the http file it says listening on port 80, if I type in localhost in the address bar I get a password box that comes up, I can type in the password that I set when installing xampp and it will bring up the xampp pages, if I type in localhost/index.Html it will bring up  my webpage but when I type in my website address http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the error below comes up.

I have also gave permissions to access so I am at a loss and pulling my hair out can anyone help me please!

Thanks

Terri

Access forbidden!

New XAMPP security concept:

Access to the requested directory is only available from the local network.

This setting can be configured in the file "httpd-xampp.Conf".

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

-reply by Terri

ei really nid help here...I'm trying to make a web server for my project using wamp. already have a page, when i tried to access my localhost and IP on my own computer, it really worked fine. The page is viewed as expected. But when i used a different computer to access the server on my computer it displays "Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

To just add my 2 cents to the topic, on windows installing Wampserver is usually an easy task, the most common problems is that localhost does not work, so you need to use 127.0.0.1 if working locally, it maybe be due to proxy settings or firewall settings or similar reasons.. Second common reason for Wampserver not working is software like Skype, which is using port 80 and wampserver does not work, you need to make Skype through preferences to not use the port 80.. Of course port 80 can be used by other software too.. :(

i tried this and i checked for port80 it says and the IP it gave to me is 222.127.160.25. my IPv4 is 192.168.2.109

Error: I could not see your service on 222.127.160.25 on port (80)

Reason: Connection timed out

The IP address 192.168.2.109 is your internal IP address. It is used to locate your PC in your network if you have many PC's connected. The IP address 222.127.160.25 is your external IP address. A person who wants to access your website, needs the external IP address. So, you should be using 222.127.160.25 IP address to access your website from another PC.

Coming to the problem you are facing, as mentioned above check your firewall settings if its blocking port 80. Also, check router settings page (192.168.1.1) and see if the port is blocked. In some cases your ISP may disallow hosting websites on 'home internet packages'. So, confirm that with your ISP. If it does, then you need to change the port the webserver (Apache) uses for connecting to internet.

Read the above posts if you have not already, most of it has been discussed in detail by the members.

hi thanx to u all... now i've got a different problem.. when i access my website the images are not loaded but its working well when im in a localhost...i think its in the config or something but i don't know how can i change the relative address of images.

Running PHPmyadminWamp Server Problems

Ive already follow the steps on installing wamp server 5 but when I run the phpmyadmin, it wouldnt work...

What should I do?

Please help...

Please give me some tips or tutorials with regards on PHP & MySQL programming..

-reply by lucs04

You can do search and replace for the pc relative paths to site relative paths on your html pages. But first you have to know how your images are spread on your sites server (localhost). Are all the images present in a specific folder? If so, do a search and replace for the 'images folder path' on the html pages. Dont include the trailing slash in your 'search and replace' query if the images folder is present in root of your localhost (example: D:/xampp/htdocs/images).

For searching across multiple files you can use Inforapid or Multiple File Search and Replace 2.2.

If you have doubts about the path types have a read at this one.

@jonnahlynb29e: The issue you are facing most probably is not a WAMP server related problem. So if you have any more doubts or issues please post it in a new thread.

Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

Wamp server portWamp Server Problems

The problem with Wamp under windows is mainly due to the fact that people want to keep on using IIS server which is using port 80 as default.

To get it working on port 82 for example change the apacheapache-versionconfhttpd.Conf to replace 80 by 82

ServerName localhost:82

Listen 82

But if we want the Wamp menu to  work  we need also to modify the wamp manager files

wampmanager.Ini

wampmanager.Tpl

In these files modify all the occurrence of

LOCALHOST/ by LOCALHOST:82

Regards

Alain

-reply by albu77

WAMP SERVER - ERROR 26 Unrecognized CommandWamp Server Problems

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed Wamp Server, using the default installation option for everything.

Although I have a fully white semi-circle and everything appears normal, I cannot access either Localhost or phpMyAdmin. Both options simply display a blank screen with the words "0026 Unrecognized Command". However, the MySQL options works fine.

I've tried the usual remove/re-install via different source, to a new folder, but to no avail.

My computer is around 1 year old (Dell running WIndows XP professional). 

Anyone got any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Pete

-question by pete wilde