xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skoricd

How Do Disable Vistas Anoyying Notifications For Security

double click on tghe security icon in your system tray when it pops up. Doing so will take you to the Security Center.
2) Look on the left, and choose the last option in the Navigation Menu - âChange the way Security Center alerts me.â

3) You will be prompted for your decision on whether to be notified of security issues. Pick the one thatâs most appropriate for you. Iâm not sure why the first option is boxed. Itâs probably because Vista recommends it.

I highly do NOT recommend you to disable these notifications as they are a part of the defense "grid" for Windows Vista. It's like you're telling your computer to defend itself with noodles now after you disable it.xboxrulz

I highly do NOT recommend you to disable these notifications as they are a part of the defense "grid" for Windows Vista. It's like you're telling your computer to defend itself with noodles now after you disable it.
xboxrulz

The first thing I did after getting Vista was disabling all the annoying security features that it came with. Seriously, the amount of popups, alerts and messages is this big that you simply click them away without even reading what it's warning you for :mellow: . I've been using windows (any version) without it's built-in security features for years and I've never, ever had a security problem... the best security solution is a clear mind that knows what it's doing !

The first thing I did after getting Vista was disabling all the annoying security features that it came with. Seriously, the amount of popups, alerts and messages is this big that you simply click them away without even reading what it's warning you for :mellow: . I've been using windows (any version) without it's built-in security features for years and I've never, ever had a security problem... the best security solution is a clear mind that knows what it's doing !

Actually, that's why for added security, there's only one administrator account and so if I need to make a system-wide change, I force myself to enter the admin password every single time.

As annoying as it may sound, it really isn't. Mac, Linux and basically all of UNIX world have been accustomed to this for the longest time and Microsoft finally realized that they missed this really basic security feature.

So, leave your UAC on, else you'll basically be asking for it when disaster strikes.

xboxrulz

disable security settings warningHow Do Disable Vistas Anoyying Notifications For Security

Replying to skoricd

I don't have a notification in the systray.

I am getting the bar at the top that reads "Your security setting put your computer at risk."  That is what I want to stop/disable.