xisto Community
LegallyHigh

Wireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

What About Desktops?Wireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

I do not own a laptop and I'm getting another 360 (other one died sadly) and I forgot to take the adapter off so I REALLY want to see if this would work with a desktop and a wireless router so I can save 100 bucks. Please Respond ASAP so I don't have to throw away more money. 

-reply by Ryan

I have a desktop with a wire less connection but when I click bridge it says "To create a network bridge, you must select at least two network connections that are not being used by internet  connection sharing or the internet connection firewall" I tried to select two and right click but it does not have bridge network, what did I do wrong? Thanks 

-reply by Michael

USB dongle on XBOXWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

I tried a cheap USB dongle on my XBox 360 with no luck. I am not sure if there is a way to access the settings in the XBox dashboard, but I could not find a way to change the settings to recognize the dongle and my wireless network. 

-reply by Riskey

Wireless On The Xbox 360 Without An AdapterWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

Just tried this a few minutes ago, and it worked beautifully... It seems so simple now that I think about it

THANKS! 

-reply by Guest

This is a reply to this. I did some experimenting with this and found a way. I use vista and I opened network and sharing, then clicked on manage network connections. Since I use a Verizon pc card for internet, it shows in as dial up. So what I did was click on the verizon 1 and clicked on properties, then the sharing tab. Selected "allow other network users to connect.. " option and on the drop down box put in Local Area Connection. It worked for me. You can tell which is which by having the network connections page open and unplug and plug in the xbox and pc card to see which is which.

I have a desktop with a wire less connection but when I clickBridge it says "To create a network bridge, you must select at leastTwo network connectionsThat are not being used by internet  connection sharing or the internetConnection firewall" I tried to select two and right click but it doesNot have bridge network, what did I do wrong? Thanks 

-reply by Michael

cannot bridge connections without at least 2 lan or wireless networks that are not used by ICSWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.Replying to (G)jasonI also ran across this problem it turns out that it is an easy fix I surfed the net for hours trying to figure it out to no avail. I run Windows 7 on a laptop that recieves internet via wireless network. I wanted to share internet with my Xbox 360 so that I could play on Xbox live. I did everything that all the forums told me to do but I would get the message "cannot bridge networks you must have at least 2 LAN or wireless networks that are not used by ICS" or something like that. I will walk you through how to fix this problem. Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows XP are pretty close to the same setup.1. You have to click on the start menu2. Go to "control panel"3. Click on "Network and sharing Center" and for XP "Network connections"4. Look on the left side of the page and click on "Change adapter settings" for XP skip this step and go to step five5. Right click on your LAN connection6. Click on the "Sharing" tab7. Uncheck "ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)"8. Click "apply" or "ok"9. Now right click on your Wireless Network and do the same thing.10. Then hold down the "Ctrl" key and click on both networks so that both are selected11. Right click and find the option "bridge connections"Now you should be connectedHope this helps someone I know I wish I would have stumbled upon this post when I was having my problems would have saved me some frustration and time.-reply by frankrizzo

Reference guide with picturesWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

hey man, thanks for the information. I found the website by accident and tried to follwo your instructions, although I got stuck. I found another site which explains it in more depth with pictures which help to complete the process, rather than get lost halfway like me.

Can't wait to test it out and see whether I get lag!!

Rogerthatjoe

-reply by rogerthatjoe

BridgingWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

You have to highlight both the wired and the wireless connection at the same time. Then right click one of them and select Bridge! 

-reply by Charles Mills

Xbox 360 (Bridge Connection)Wireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

Okay, well I tried this 5+ times and it didnt work...I clicked both and yes I did it right, then bridged connections. ButFor some reason it Keeps cancelling my original connection with my router..So what happens is that the bridge works, but the connection from my computer to my routerCancels... Can somone help me.?The items I am using in this failed process are:Xbox 360Ethernet CableLaptop ( very good connection )HELP!

reply by Hslsbd

You are amazingWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

Thank you so much for this advice! I can't believe I've never heard off being able to use your laptop as a wireless bridge before, but this solution was perfect! THANK YOU!

-reply by Jeremy

If you have windows go to network and click settings. Then click properties then click sharing and check the two boxes so that your 360 may share connection with your laptop. After doing so wait about a minute then go to settings on the xbox dashboard and test xbox live connection.Then you should be able to connect. Good luck and I hope I helped.

-reply by Roger

what about with the newer laptops running vista?

I have tried with my laptop and there was no bridge button. Also I had the problem of it getting connected but not staying connected because of losing the ip adress

-reply by Travis

Last ditch effortWireless On The Xbox 360 Without An Adapter.

I have tried many times to get my Xbox online through my laptop though it has been to no avail. I have tried ICS with the wireless connection though it stated something about how I do not have a dynamic IP Address. I have tried this method as well and it has not worked at all... I plug in my Xbox to my laptop and the network that tries to connect is the one I use. I selected my wirless connection and my xbox connection and Bridged them but it seemed to make no progress at all. I am running XP and I hope this all makes sense.

P.S. I know this is a old board

-reply by GIJones