xisto Community
www.jbi.in

Free Online Speed Test Post your results here

I agree with you on that one FirefoxRocks. Speedtest.net is more like the standard test because of the widespread availability of its servers. It even detects my ISP correctly, even though its not a biggie. The speeds reported by Speedtest.net and Speakeasy.net are the most accurate ones for my connection. I have summarized the results of speed tests at various locations below:-

Promised Speed: 384 kbps

Plan: Executive Pack @ 785 INR

Speedtest.net

Download: 359 kbps

Upload: 309 kbps

Test Server: Mumbai, India

ISP: Alliance Broadband Services Pvt. Ltd

Ping: 96 ms

Distance: ~1050 mi

Speedtest.jbl.in

Download: 280 kbps

Upload: 276.45 kbps

Speakeasy.net

Download: 362 kbps

Upload: 321 kbps

DSL Reports

Ping: 145 ms

Download: 293 kbps

Upload: 152 kbps (Warning ISP compression was detected)

Server: Speakeasy, New York

Visualware

Download: 323 kbps

Upload: 180 kbps

Quality of Service: 86%

Round Trip Time: 320 ms

Max Delay: 100 ms

Max Route Speed: 1.63 Mbps

TCP Forced Idle: 0%

Test Type: Socket Download, Socket Upload

Server: Montreal, Canada

Internet Forg

Download: 325 kbps

Upload: 365 kbps

Quality of Service: 95%

Round Trip Time: 294 ms

Max Pause: 259 ms

Very Very good speed tester, so I imagine that all you use this service frequently.I don´t. My Internet speed is constant it´s not variable. Why your internet providers don´t give you constant speed too.I have seen that the only connections where the speed isn´t constant is the Dial-up connection.But you can´t use Dial-up because you have great speeds.I want that someone can explain me why is this like that.Regards.

Your Service provider : FullADSLLocation : BelgiumPlan Details : no idea ... their plans change, don't know if we get upgraded and my father deals with the internet connectionUp speed : 420kDown speed : 3.34MPromised : according to their site 12/20Mb down, 512k/1M upReceived : see above ...Satisfied : I'm very satisfied, the internet connection is stable. We probable don't get what they promised, but even the more expensive ISP providers didn't give us anything better than 3.5Mbps ... so our speed is probably limited by the distance from the streetcabinet (according to a GEO IP tool, it's about 10km away from my house, which is quite impossible ...)

This seems interessing i will post my results nowYour Service provider : Vodafone PortugalLocation : PortugalPlan Details : Unlimited downloads and uploads , Free calls , USB Internet ( This means i can be in any part of my country with internet .. Its a thing you connect by usb and have internet :() 100 mb of download and uploadPrice : 20€Now the resultsUp speed : 990.6 kbpsDown speed : 7.35 MbpsPromised : Upload: 1M kbps // Download: 12mbpsReceived: I dont know what to put here :SSatisfied :Its a very good Service and not expensive and the support is very good ... I had 24 mb but from my home to the ISP its 3km so its the max speed i get is in average 5mb 6mb but well im satisfied

Your Service provider : Shaw CableLocation : Vancouver, BC, CanadaPlan Details : Basic High SpeedUp speed : ~49KB/sDown speed : ~750KB/sPromised : Not sureReceived : ~750KB/s - Down 49KB/s up. On average.

Let me startYour Service provider : CableLocation : MacedoniaPlan Details : Extra (the weakest)Up speed : 26.38 KB/sec Down speed : 47.45 KB/sec Promised : Not very muchReceived : It's end of the month, my internet is exhausted.Satisfied : No!