xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bttfpromo

Does anyone have a cell phone w/tv?

i have a sony ericsson K700i, which allows you to watch streaming TV, and my mobile service provider gives 2 channels for free. CNBC and a news channel. the picture quality aint great but the sound quality is bearable, so i can listen to CNBC on the phone using a headset. And there is a 5 second time lag too from the Television, which is not much. The service however is not very reliable, it takes some time to form a stable connection, and then too the connection is disturbed in about 10 minutes so you have to reconnect.

Edited by ankitunlimited (see edit history)

Just a tip, don't have one lined posts.

There are alot of ways. if you get one of those cool slingboxes, you can vew any one chanel through a windows mobile powered phone. There is also that 'vcast' thing that isn't too good. yeah. there is alot of ways you can do it. I prefer a PDA, or a WWPC, however.

That is a pretty neat idea. I wish I had one. Whenever I get bored on the 40 minute ride home from school on the bus or the hour trip there I could just whip out the cell phone and watch tv. Then again I don't think my parents want to have to pay more money but still, it would be nice. I haven't even heard of it before let alone seen one though.

yeah i have one with it..Its nokia 6680!Though the quality aint nice but still its bearable..I can view one Indian news channel Aajtak and one punjabi music channel. Its good timepass though in trains while travelling from college to home.But still over this Fm is much bearable..but who cares.At certain times it did help eg. At time of our results lol

I agree with bash.I do not have one nor have I seen one other than on the tele.I can't imagine it! I would never have to leave the crapper! Just sit there and watch the tube with some doughnuts or something! lolMost of them you have to pay a extra monthly fee for it though! BLAH!

No but I do have the cell phone that I can watch movies on. It in the red motorola razr V3i. It is an incredibly light phone and usually gets great reception as well...you should definitely check it out!

apparently the sony ericsson K800i has a TV function but I have to pay 1 pound = 2.10 US a day to watch any or all of the 6 so called chanels they provide as part of the 3G generation phone service. Dont ask me how it works or if the quality or battery life is good cause I have no idea at all. I have never bothered to watch telly on my phone cause I think its a rip off but knowing the uk soon it will be standard on all fones and will probably be free. Like they are doing with internet and texts/sms. We'll see

You do not have a cell phone with TV for it. There are lots of Network Providers who provide free Live TV channel streaming for their customers with EDGE enabled mobile phones. There is an huge collection of phones that support EDGE.In India Airtel network provides live CNN IBN channel for free for all its customers with EDGE phone.I have a Sony Ericsson P990i in which i watch live streaming CNN IBN channel with good quality with any buffering.The streaming is very smooth for me when im stagnant in some place.

In certain areas within the United States, Verizon Wireless has introduced a phone with Mobile TV abilites. The phone is the LG VX9400 and it has a camera, bluetooth technology, MP3 abilites, and MobileTV. With Verizon the mobile TV packages vary from 13.95 up to 20.95 per month plus you normal rate plan. Becasue the mobile tv uses a completely separtate tower system the area where it is availbile is very limited, but the coverage is expanding quite quickly over the next couple of months/year. For more information regarding VZW mobile tv go to : HTTPS://www.verizonwireless.com/

I have a sprint fusic phone. I love it!!! you can do a lot with it. I have the tv feature but i rarely use it. The tv feature on a phone is good but you don't need it if you don't watch tv hardcore on your cell phone. It would be a waste of money if you do buy the package with your cell phone plan. They are really expensive and you have to stick with it throughout your contract.