xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Video Editing Freeware Any suggestions?

I need to find free video editing software that allows you to control brightness, sharpness and contrast of a video. I have tried a few options but they didn't have those features or they added a watermark to the video (huge red fonts saying "Please Register").Is there any good video editing software out there that is freeware and/or open-source?

Have a look at avidemux (http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/). It is a very easy to use open-source video editor that has the features that you are looking for. Hopefully this is what you need!

That one looks very interesting, I've never heard of it before but I'm definatly going to try it out ;) .

Another one to try is VirtualDub, it quite powerfull, but lacks support for quicktime and wmv vids (due to copyrights and that kind of stuff)

Ok I downloaded that program and I looked around but it doesn't have the features I looked for. It basically is a program for encoding video files in different formats. I'm looking for video editing software. Thanks anyways.

EDIT DVD MADE FROM VIDEO TAPEVideo Editing Freeware

Need free DVD editor wher I can edit existing DVD that was made from Video Tape. In am a novice at this. Any suggestions? 

-question by BVelsor

What is up with Jashaka and/or Cinefx?Video Editing Freeware

From what I'd heard, I thought Jashaka would be the equivalent of Joomla or Open Office. I can't even find a download. Then I'm told Cinefx "reinvented" Jashaka. Can't find a download for it either. Got Cineplay, but due to errors it won't boot up. What gives?

-reply by James R. Bailey

EDIT DVD MADE FROM VIDEO TAPE

Video Editing Freeware

<p>Need free DVD editor wher I can edit existing DVD that was made from Video Tape. In am a novice at this. Any suggestions? </p>

-question by BVelsor

<p> </p>

For putting VHS tapes (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about when you refer to "Video Tape"), I would recommend using converter hardware that you can usually purchase at an electronics store such as Future Shop for around $60-$120. They come with software designed for this purpose.

Alternatively, if your computer has a TV Tuner card, you can try to hook up a VCR to that and record from the input using webcam software while playing the VHS tape.

To edit these, I'd recommend Windows Movie Maker or Windows Live Movie Maker, unless you wish to use other software (freeware or commercial).

How in the world do you use that program? It's the most complicated piece of software I've ever seen!

We don't use avisynth directly, usually people use a graphic environment which embeddes the avisynth commands.