xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Sending E-mail Alert Through Sms

While there are simpler methods to send email notifications via SMS, I am having to use quite a few of redirects. My mobile service provider (Reliance) does not allow SMS to be sent from the Internet using the standard (CountryCode)+MobileNumber@yourserviceprovider.netI want to receive notifications for my GMail account. So here's what I did:-1. Setup E-Mail forwarding to my Yahoo! account.2. Use a custom version of Pika Bot to set up a Trigger which calls a method of an external assembly along with the Mobile number and the message (Mail from Mail From: %LastMailFrom% <%LastEMail%> %LastEMailSubject%").3. The target assembly uses web requests to send the SMS through a Way2SMS account (only for India).Although the process works and I receive the SMS pretty quickly, my Yahoo! account @ Pika Bot needs to be logged in. I was wondering if it is possible to do an HTTP request (open a PHP file) as soon as an E-Mail arrives to one of my domain email accounts. The PHP file would do the job of the external assembly and send the SMS through Way2SMS. But is it possible to trap an incomming E-Mail event?

The Set up procedure is not clear

Sending E-mail Alert Through Sms

Hi Gentleman,

The setup procude is not clear to configure the settings in way 2 sms .Com.

Cud you pls send the setup details , so that it will be more helpful for me to configure the same.

-reply by Shreeram

You don't really have to setup anything on Way2SMS.com except for creating an account. For sending SMS through a script you need to provide your user number and password to the script. You can find your user number in the address bar of your browser as it is frequently used in places such as when you send the SMS, etc. The script then logs in your account and sends the supplied message to the specified user. Presently, this action has been encapsulated in a console application or a DLL file to be used in the .NET Framework. I will try to create a web script in PHP which will do the same once I get back to my workplace.

you can use mjoy.com if your phone is gprs enabled to send sms all over the world unlimited times and also for freeeeee.......