xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Full Disk Usage Warning In Cpanel

A few minutes ago I received an automated mail notifying me about 109.68% (548.38 Megs) of disk space used by my hosting account. It was extremely surprising because I have not uploaded anything in a while. Nevertheless, I went back to CPanel and looked into the Disk Usage Viewer. It could only account for ~295 MBs.

While, I can free up quite a bit of space from the Trash directory, I am wondering what's causing the disk space to be misreported.

Edit: I have emptied the Trash folder which managed to free ~75 MBs. Although, this has brought down the disk usage within the limits, I am still at a loss for the missing free space.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

Do you have any big databases on there? Because they can take up alot of space.I'm not sure if the database space is included in the disk space or not, it doesn't seem to. Just check the database usage.

After you wrote this yseterday I did look at my usage and didn't realise something. I looked again later and was shocked to see I've used 80 mb and it just keeps going up without anything happening.All I have on my account is Joomla without anything really on it (a 0.88 mb database) and a 12 mb backup of an old version of my site.What's using the rest?Then I wondered about emails, there's nothing that big on the accounts. So I'm wondering if when you put a quota for email accounts, does it automatically take it off your space? That's the only thing I can think of.

I had a simalar problem turns out my browser (Opera) kept loading a tab that made a backup. I got an email and I looked turns out I had about 10 backups in my home directory. This probably isn't the error your getting (I think I am the only one that would do something like that), but it would be smart to look through your files on your cpanel to make sure you don't have any backups and also press the trash icon to delete all the files in the trash.It should be easy in file manager to find where most your space is being used up (unless you have lots of folders).Sten you should download your backup on your computer then delete it off of your website that would be the only other thing I could think of to free up some space.Thanks,Sparkx