xisto Community
kiro

Typing Speed how long

im on the computer alot so i can type like i am right now really fast so its usually like for me 100 WPM to 300 WPMwhich means very bad! because im on the computer too much then i hate it i just cant resist

with 100% accuracy 45-50 wpm

im feeling really slow around all you people, my max is 50 words, average is 45.

66816[/snapback]

60-70 for me but that's with my constant spell-checking, even for typing tests I'll go back and retype any misspelled words, it's a habit. If I didn't do that I expect I'd probably get a bit faster.

And I did have a college instructor before who typed in that 250+ wpm range, but he could only do it with some special ergonomic keyboard or he was quite a bit slower. Still very, very fast though.

On a good day I can average around 100 WPM, and on a bad day, around 80 or so. My friends like to joke around by saying that I can type faster than I can think. Which isn't really a fair statement, now that I think about it :P

Depending on where my feet are propped up and how slouched I am in my chair (I have a swivel chair and rest my back against an armrest and feet on everything around, including doorknobs if they're close enough :P ) I can lose some speed and be at only 50-60 wpm

I am not extremely fast typist, if it is a good day, I guess I can type somewhere between 50 and 70 words per minute, and that is for serbian, my native language. If I type on english, I can type somewhere between 40 and 60 words per minute. On a bad day, I can be as slow as 20 words per minute, or even slower. But, those bad days are rare, I guess, I type too much for my work, and college...

Select Crazy Phrases and five sentences to test your typing speed.

162055[/snapback]

I think to measure the actual typing speed in the real world, you cannot measure by just typing random phrases.

Try this site: http://www.typingtest.com/ for online typing test that sometimes GS civil examiners are using. You really wanted to know how fast you type in the real world? This is it.

Hmm, I type 90WPM. I haven't really done any of those tpying test thingys, I just practice a lot in class. And of course on the forums, I type a lot here too. So I get my speed from how much I type. I also have memorized the keyboard so I can watch T.V. and type as the same time; wothout diogn htis.

Try this site: http://www.typingtest.com/ for online typing test that sometimes GS civil examiners are using. You really wanted to know how fast you type in the real world? This is it.

162093[/snapback]

Wah, civil examiners use this test!? I just tested my speed and it came out even higher than with that less informal one. I got 86WPM. hmm... :P