xisto Community
yordan

Are You Compliant With The Network Etiquette ? defining the network ethics

I never knew there was such a huge document on this stuff. I would like to think that I am rather compliant with the network etiquette, but its a very useful document for some people! ^_^ Thanks

If one day I can't fall asleep, I'll probably start reading this document ^_^ . Someone should make a short version of this document, there are interesting things in it (like NOT send chain letters ;) ) or

- Wait overnight to send emotional responses to messages. If you have really strong feelings about a subject, indicate it via
FLAME ON/OFF enclosures. For example:
FLAME ON: This type of argument is not worth the bandwidth
it takes to send it. It's illogical and poorly
reasoned. The rest of the world agrees with me.
FLAME OFF

;)

If one day I can't fall asleep, I'll probably start reading this document ^_^ . Someone should make a short version of this document, there are interesting things in it (like NOT send chain letters ;) ) or

- Wait overnight to send emotional responses to messages. If youhave really strong feelings about a subject, indicate it via
FLAME ON/OFF enclosures. For example:
FLAME ON: This type of argument is not worth the bandwidth
it takes to send it. It's illogical and poorly
reasoned. The rest of the world agrees with me.
FLAME OFF

I saw this one also. Its not bad, I have never seen it used before though. I like how it suggests to use that instead of all caps!

I also found this one under 3.1.1

- Do not blame the system administrator for the behavior of the system users.

Nothing more needs to be said, maybe except 'system administrator and/or mods'! ;) It also includes information for administrators (3.2) and how to look after discussions (mainly mail lists). Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)