xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

What Timezone Is The Server In?

try to get the ip of your server and check the ip with some service, which will tell you from which country it is and search for that specific country timezone.. I don't know if it works as you want, but it is an alternative.. and could be incorrect, for example if the ip will be EU Europe Union..Err, can't you do it with some server side scripting language? ^_^

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

If your talking about Xisto then it should be -8GMT since the server is on the west coast US.

You can check timezone of your server,

# ls -ltr /etc/localtime 
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root root 29 Jan  1  2002 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/GMT-5
-reply by hammad

I've seen similar question on Xisto - Support site. You can take a look at it here. To make it short, let me sum it up this way. As per that answer, Xisto - Web Hosting servers are located in California. So as per pacific timezone, California is GMT-8hrs. For DST timings, it's GMT-7hrs. Hope this helps.

My bad, SELECT NOW() only returns the current time, not the zone.

SELECT @@global.Time_zone, @@session.Time_zone;
-reply by Omar