xisto Community
Feelay

Do You Believe In Magic? Do u belive in magic =?

No i do not bleave it magic it is not theologically possable just by making stuff happen just by saying a word or waving a want like it in movies Not non what so ever-Joshua

I personly belive that there is no magic , it's just a delusion that's all , and even there is a challage called "Randi $1,000,000 paranormal challenge" so The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) currently offers a prize of one million U.S. dollars to anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. Similar to the paranormal challenges of John Nevil Maskelyne and Houdini, in 1964, Randi put up $1,000 of his own money payable to the first person who could provide objective proof of the paranormal or real magic . and til this day no one can get the prize Wink

Well, its really hard for me to believe in magic. All the magic tricks you see are just illusions, the magician whats you to believe they did a trick while they really didn't. Example: Chris Angel is a professional illusionist, not really a magician.quote from Sophia the zombie "I find magic is more to do with religious beliefs. There isn't any science or logic about it. It's just an excuse for something when it can't be explained"

I never belived in magic In fact Chriss Angel feats tried to deviate me from my faith.Hes the best at it. It was pretty amazing to see him walk on wall and get himself cut into two in front of the live camera But I still keep guessing what he must have done to attain it.

as a matter o fact,i DO believe in MaGIC... Magic which means wizardry or simply means MAGIC shows?I believe in WIZARDRY, bt nt like those shown in Harry Poter series cz its way too unrealistic..I be;ieve in cuses, voodoo n many more stuffs!

When I was young my father used to show me 'magic'. He took an empty box, rattled it around his back, and when he took it round, it had a few things to eat in it. It became obvious, of course, as I got older, that he just put some food in it when it was behind his back. No, I don't believe in magic, though it would be interesting if it was real.

Hrm, Do I belive in magic? Thats a very good question..I would like to say no, but there are things that are in this world that cannot be explained. is it proven? I'd say no, and many would agree to the fact that most of what we call "magic" is a illusion. We are seeing what is not really happening, and many are very good at this. There are however some things, that just blow my mind, like i remember this one guy i forget his name, who was put into a tank, stayed for 7 days and went without oxygen for 6 mins, and broke out of chains..Is it magic? or is it a very clever solution. I'd say its mostly an opinion:PAm i crazy? probably lol

Absolutely! Certainly there are magic tricks, but there are certain things that can't possibly be done without real magic. This opinion was only enforced after I saw the esteemed magician David Copperfield! I've always been fascinated by magic, ever since I was a child and my Grandpa showed me card tricks. I've always believed in some sort of magic, and I think I always will.

Magic, in my view, is just fiction. It just doesn't exist. All those things people claim to be magic (e.g. magic tricks) are just occurrences where people's perceptions are changed to think the act was 'supernatural'.

(sigh)Humankind wants to explain everything--every little part of the universe and our existence. I guess it would depend on what you'd categorize under 'magic.' Spirits for example. Aliens? Or unexplained phenomenas? All?I like to think there are things we cannot, and will never, be able to explained. I suppose I'd call that 'magic.'

Arthur C. Clarke long ago said what should have been the final word on this subject. Wikipedia presents it as follows

The .. three "laws" of prediction:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

[Emphasis added.]

I speak as a retired member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. :mellow:

I am very much a realist and do not believe in such things. It's just an old word that was used to explain things which couldn't be explained. Today, we have science to explain such things :mellow:

I do enjoy Derren Brown and his style of entertaining. He deals more in human psychology and uses that in his programs. He's worth a look up on youtube. The thing I like most about him is that he explains what he does after the experiment. If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's a smug magician!

I don't believe in the word magic. That is is because when I think about the the word magic I think of the unexlainable. However, science proves there is a cause to everything that happens, so there is no void, or truly unexplainable situation. As long as you look deep enough into any instance you will find a scientifc reason for its happeing.

I personally belive in magic

I mean I tryed a time fly by thingy and it seems to be working/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.gif so idk but it just has to be wat you belive in your heart

-reply by summmer

Magic! interesting one that is, I haven't gone through all the posts but according to what the initiator of the topic has posted, magic has the term "belief" as a tag with it. I mean whether its belief or disbelief, magic as a concept might be a vast one, and I do not have adequate knowledge about it. When the word magic comes to my mind, I mostly think of the shows that were either performed on stage or were aired on the television, a lot were there when we were young. As I grew up, with other shows on television revealing the secrets of shows of this sort and with my own reasoning developing, I could understand that there wasn't anything that was magical in the true sense of the term, it was the skills of the performer, cause what they presented was a form of art, it still is. I can't really say that I believe in magic, yet the craftsmanship of the so called magicians is worth appreciation according to me.