xisto Community
bhupinder

Blender Blender is way to confusing

Blender is possible to run on macintosh,linux and windows. BSD variants are supported and as Macintosh is BSD variant. It is possible to run blender on most of the operating system. And blender and it's plugin are free as we already discussed. Let me know your operating system so that i can look up and see if it is supported on your operating system.

I'm mixed up if Blender is a good program or not, I'm definitly confused.

HannahI, could you tell what you would like to achieve or make using Blender? To clear the confusion on whether it would be possible to achieve it or not, try searching in google for the thing you want to create. I cant understand why you are confused in the first place. The works available on internet done with blender should tell you about its capabilities. Is there any other program which you are considering against Blender? The best thing thing you can do is to try some basic modeling in Blender. If you are comfortable and think its good, go ahead with it.

Spencer, I'm tring to say that I'm confused if I should get it or not. Starscream, I'm on Macintosh Version 10.6.2, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

Starscream, I'm on Macintosh Version 10.6.2, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

Yes, it is supported for your operating system.Your system meets all the requirements for running blender. If you have earlier version which was on powerpc, even that is supported as well. Current version 2.49b is supported for mac os x 10.6.2 as well. You can download and try some of the tutorials. It will take some time to learn but sure you'll learn that slowly and if you take some efforts ofcourse.

You can download the blender for Mac OS x here. Scroll down to the Mac OSX section when you go to this link then download for intel platform of mac os x. I hope this helps.

not that difficultBlender

k if you have any animation or programming background you should be able to get the hold of blender in a few hours I did...Sure it does take alot of time to figure out all the little tricks but its not that hard quite simple actually but is time taking...Why I'm only getting back at it now...A great way to learn is definitely online tutorials even if its just downloading the finished product opening it and messing around with the features to get a handle on the different options you can change and how they were able to accomplish certain things like glass or liquid harder things that take a bit more work but not really. All simple just takes a few hours to get goin then it should be easy otherwise I don't think 3d animations for you not sayin you shouldn't keep trying but if your not getting whats going on best to think of a different hobby/career.

Since I have experience so many cg programs such as max,maya,xsi etc.. I should tell you that blender is really not confussing comparing with them.But frankly speaking, Blender is a little bit confusing for a newer.So you'd better learn some basic skills before take deep into it.

blender is a great tool... considering its free ;) if you're just entering 3D animation then you'd need abit of patience and find some tutorials and how-tos first, like every program it won't be easy to use at first